I had heard about Cole Academy, but I didn't know if it was for my child. I also thought that I had a lot of time to choose the best school for my son. But when I had to go back to work in a hurry, and needed to place my son in a program, I realized that finding the right daycare for a working professional was not that easy. \r \r Most of the daycare facilities were for kids to be parked there, without much curri... view moreculum. Also, most of the programs were not convinient times for a high charging professional. Their schedule times were inflexible. The other schools charged for the after school care, were not year round, and had a lot of ""off days"" for planning and other school administration activities. That would require my taking many days off to take care of my child. Also the most other schools required parent participation for fundraising and other time consuming thigs that I as a single parent and working mom did not have. \r \r But Cole Academy was curriculum based, with arts, writing, reading, sign language and foreign language programs. Cole made it easy for me. The hours 6:30 to 6:30 were very easy for me. They provided food, and took care of potty traning, and exposed my son to not just being a child but being a good student. They provide every material including sleeping cots and laundering the sheets daily. All arts and crafts supplies and every possibly toys that you can think of, and books, all those amazing books for the kids to read, touch and feel.\r \r Also what I liked about the school was that their child to teacher ratios were significantly lower than most, if not all of the other schools. That meant that my son was getting more adult attention from teachers. The teachers that I have met as my child's teacher all had professional degrees in early childhood education. \r \r My son just turned 3 years old in July and he can count in Chinese, Japanse, Korean and Spanish. He knows how to differentiate from Hawaiian words from Japanese words and reads all of the Hawaiian street signs. He also reads at 1st grade level. He learned safety and hygene skills at school while learning how to share and play with other kids.\r \r I was just talking to a few mothers who had their older kids graduate from Cole and start Kindergarten or Jr. K at other schools. They all said that their kids were amazingly advanced relative to other kids. \r \r I found it to be the same. As to price, when you have peace of mind, the convenience and the program all rolled into one price, it is actually less expensive than to enroll in after school care, baby sitters for school planning days, and late charges for picking up kids after 5 pm, Cole is actually less expensive.\r \r I looked around the parent pool at Cole and I see that most parents were professionals at mid or higher level positions, and I think they all found that the Cole provided what we needed. Guilt free peace of mind, in all simple price.\r \r We just had a field trip (every month), and the kids all went to the Pumpkin Patch to pick pumpkins on Wednesday. By the time I came back to pick him up in the afternoon, the teachers already had a story board with pictures from the field trip all posted on the wall, prominently with a story about each child for the day. This made me feel all touchy feely and I had to get on line to share my story about the school.\r \r The owners of the school apprantly founded the school because they were working professionals and they couldn't find a curruculum based school that catered to the working professionals. Hey if you can't find one, why not create one. \r \r Now I see why the school meets my needs!\r \r Pricesless!\r \rLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Cole AcademyAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Call 808-531-4500 to schedule a tour, or click on our "location tour" link. You may also apply by downloading our application form; just click on "apply for enrollment." Features at The Cole Academy include: * Low student-to-teacher ratios and small class sizes * High-tech security, including biometric fingerprint access control and digital video surveillance * Exquisite surroundings with private outdoor playgrounds, art and music facilities, and large class areas in serene settings * Health and safety features include infrared automatic faucets throughout, in addition to brand-new facilities, materials and toys
- The Cole Academy provides Hawaii's finest early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks through 5 years. We prepare your child for success in a high-expectations kindergarten environment. Located in Downtown Honolulu, West Oahu and East Oahu
- Located in Downtown Honolulu, West Oahu and East Oahu
- Downtown Honolulu
- Our central downtown location and long hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-6 pm) give working parents more options. In West Oahu, we operate Monday through Friday 6 am-6 pm. East Oahu is open 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Preschools & Kindergarten, Day Care Centers & Nurseries, Child Care, Schools
I had heard about Cole Academy, but I didn't know if it was for my child. I also thought that I had a lot of time to choose the best school for my son. But when I had to go back to work in a hurry, and needed to place my son in a program, I realized that finding the right daycare for a working professional was not that easy. \r \r Most of the daycare facilities were for kids to be parked there, without much curri... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch