A-BC Glass & Mirrors Company
- BBB Rating:
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Aloha! We're a locally owned and operated small business with 45 years of experience! We supply and install mirrors, shower doors, windows, screens, lanai enclosures, glass tabletops, storefronts, glass shelves, screens and screen doors for your Hawaii home and office. Come visit with us. Mahalo.
- Extra Phones:
primary: (808) 833-9222
Fax: (808) 834-6177
- Windows, Tub & Shower Enclosures, Standard & Custom Design Units, Shower & Tub Enclosures, Sales & Installation, Mirrors for Furniture, Mirrors & Custom Mirror Walls, Mirrors, Lic 23775, Jalousies, Doors
- 42 Years Experience, 44 Yrs Exp, Custom Beveling & Edging, Custom Closet Doors, Free Estimates, Friendly Experts to Serve You, Glass Table Tops & Shelves
- Hickham, Honolulu
Fully licensed and insured, C-23775.
Akamai Glass Company, Inc.
- Mirrors, Shower Doors & Enclosures, Plate & Window Glass Repair & Replacement, Door & Window Screens
Posted: 1/21/2011Provided by Citysearch -
These guys gave me first class service when I needed to finish up my shower door project. I had spent a ton a money on the quartz walls but Ted spent time to help me save on the heavy glass shower door. It looks great and I would highly recommend Akamai Glass. I think Akamai means smart in Hawaiian and he is really smart.
Called for an estimate and scheduled a date for someone to come out. Took a day off work, and NO ONE showed up all day. Called several times, and a woman on the phone was so nasty. Said she had no record of anyone coming and that I must have made a mistake. It was the same woman I spoke to when I made the appointment. Went back to the Yellow Pages and found Pearl City Glass Company. They were awesome. Came out and I had my mirrors in two days! Yea for Yellow Pages!
Posted: 3/1/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I would NOT recommend this company. We called and a representative came out immediately. Apparently, he is the owner and he was very nice and said we would get an estimate in one to two days and said mirrors are in stock so it would be a matter of days, and the shower door would need to be ordered from the mainland and it would take about two to three weeks. Well, we waited and waited on an estimate (no call or email as promised) and hubby called the company to check. The woman called back and snapped at me ""we emailed the estimate"" to which I replied, ""no, I've checked daily"". And she snaps back, ""I emailed it this morning, okay!"" While I had her on the phone, I check and she sent it 40 seconds before she called! She insisted that she sent it before - now, how could that be true if hubby talked to her this morning and she STILL didn't have an estimate. I told her if this is any indication (promised an estimate in days and then I get yelled at for calling to request one) that I didn't think we would have mirrors in days and shower doors in weeks as promised by the very nice man who came out to our house. She informed me that she was the owner and ""THEY DON'T WORK THAT FAST."" So.... when you have a million $$ plus home that you want to get mirrors and shower enclosures for, unless you want to deal with a menopausal psycho woman, I would suggest looking to another company. ANY other company will be getting our thousands of dollars for glasswork. Wow... talk about poor customer service. And I feel bad to find out that the guy who came out and was really nice and knowledgeable is the owner! Just goes to show, the lowest person on the totem pole that is having a bad day should NOT be answering phones for your company. 'das why hard to stay in business when you've got a maniac on the phone...