VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- At VCA, your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. We treat each pet knowing it is an extension of your family. Our dedicated staff of veterinarians, board certified specialists, and technicians strive each day to give your pet the very best in medical care. We understand how important it is to have a local veterinarian you can trust and who, most importantly, knows your pet almost as well as you. With nearly 600 hospitals in 42 States, we've built a network of trusted local animal health providers giving the finest care for the pets in your family. We invite you to get to know our caring staff! New VCA patients are eligible for a FREE First Exam - a risk-free opportunity to learn what makes VCA so different. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pet and demonstrating our commitment to providing your pet the highest quality care!
- Our hospital offers a wide range of general and specialized medical treatments and services including: • Advanced Care Services • Allergy & Itchy Skin Relief • Diabetes Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Diagnostics • Diet & Nutrition • Disease Treatment • Flea & Tick Control • General Care • Heartworm Disease Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Internal medicine • Medications/Prescriptions • Parasite Control • Pet Wellness Exams • Physical Examinations • Preventive Care • Primary Care • Puppy & Kitten Wellness • Senior Pet Wellness • Spay & Neuter • Vaccines & Vaccinations • Weight Loss Programs Please call us today to review your pet’s medical and health issues and how we may be able to help!
- Purina and Hills special diets
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- VCA operates nearly 600 animal hospitals in 42 States staffed with hundreds of experienced veterinarians.
- East-Central Hollywood, Highland Garden
- • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Convenient, affordable, preventive nose-to-tail care (VCA CareClub) • Educational opportunities for pet owners • Free First Exam for all first time pet visits • Healthy Pet Magazine • Home Delivery of Pet Medications • VCA Big Pet Project • VCA Quality Care Program
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Specialty Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarian Emergency Services
- Other Information:
Parking: Parking Lot
Dr. Swinger is AMAZING (and so is Debbie his assistant) but given the choice I would go anywhere else! The front desk folks are horrible! They are rude and nasty. They yelled at me because they couldn't communicate the problem...so Jessica screamed at me! I have zero appetite for that! They are also ridiculously overpriced.
We agree that our Ophthalmology team is wonderful however, that is as far as we can go in agreement with this review. Our staff is committed to giving each and every one of our clients their total attention and in this instance you had the eyes, ears and hands of three team members working to gather and deliver the correct and appropriate data to you. The turnaround time for your request was under one hour and is well within our goal of great service. I apologize if this did not meet your expectations and if the communication with our staff was anything but excellent. Additionally, our high caliber of care has always been offered at a fair price. We provide the gold standard of care and therefore have enjoyed a long partnership with our animal loving community in the healthcare of their pets.
I would like to write to praise Dr. David Shapiro. My dog Lucky had very bad bleeding cysts on the underside of his paw., He was in great pain and licked the area constantly causing it to become worse and worse. Dr. Shapiro performed laser surgery on Lucky. It was a hard 2 and one half month recovery. We followed his advice to the letter and Lucky is now completely healed and walking well again. I feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Shapiro as Lucky's vet surgeon. He 100% knows what he is doing and is kind and caring as well.
Our Laser Surgery has allowed up to perform surgeries with less pain, less swelling, less infection and quicker recovery we are so pleased to be able to offer this cutting edge modality. We love Dr. Shapiro too! He is an asset to the HAH and we are grateful for him. So glad Lucky is back to himself again.
my dog jumped into a running boat motor and it almost ripped her leg off dr. Carlos put it all back together and she doesn't even have a live today they are the best
So good to see your girl here for a wellness check. She and Dr. Carlos spent a lot of time together fixing her up and we are so pleased she is back to her old self. Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am giving 5 stars due to Dr. Ann Murphy!
Otherwise, I would not give more than 4 stars due to the after hours technicians, staff and doctors not knowing answers to simple questions. That, definitely, needs to be improved.
Back to Dr. Murphy. I have never ever encountered a Vet with so much love, compassion and caring for the animals!
My sweet baby passed away today, 2 weeks shy of his 16th Birthday!
My dog lived that long because he was under Dr. Murphy's care! She kept him alive for an extra 4 years due to her extensive veterinarian knowledge and experience.
If I ever get another dog, I will follow her wherever she goes.
Thank you, Dr. Murphy for everything you have done for our Spencer. My son and I are forever indebted to you! You are a TRUE human being in every sense of the word.
We LOVE you!
God bless you and give you many healthy years to come
Thank you for sharing this review. Dr. Murphy is a star and we feel blessed that she chose to make her career at the HAH. Her experience has mentored many other doctors and her care has touched so many lives. We appreciate the feedback of your experience and look toward implementation of growth opportunities because of reviews like this from clients that have been with us so long.
Do some research and pick an experienced vet. Make your appt with that doctor specifically. I used to see Dr. James Dee, a very experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate vet. Also Dr. Herrington did surgery and he was an expert too. I've moved too far north to continue going to HAH but I would recommend them highly to anyone who can get there.
Hollywood Animal Hospital IS the place to take your pet. Dr. Jon Dee saved my dachshund's life when she had blown a disc and couldn't walk. She was 8 years old at the time. After the surgery, I would go and visit her every day. They would let us have time in an examination room and once when a room wasn't available they put a blanket and some water outside so my dog and I could be together. She did walk again and lived until her passing at the age of 16 years.
Just recently my cat, Sheba, was diagnosed with a tumor in her throat. Dr. Sessa, at Hollywood Animal Hospital, operated on her and removed the cancerous tumor. My cat was treated as though she was one of their children. It was so comforting knowing she was in good hands. The cost was very reasonable being it was major surgery.
In addition, I've never had a long wait when I went for an appointment. If you did it was probably because they had an emergency which is understandable. Wouldn't you want them to take you right away if your pet was in distress and hold off on non emergency cases?
HOLLYWOOD ANIMAL HOSPITAL IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR PET!
Maintaining the kind of service we were built on is the goal of the HAH. “To provide the kind of quality care and compassion we would want for our pet”. That can get challenging when we are busy with emergencies but the care of doctors like Dr. Jon and Dr. Sessa are examples of pros. Thank you for the trust you have put in us over the years and for the time you took to share your experience.
I am a senior veterinary student at the University of Florida and I feel more prepared to enter the real world after completing an externship at Hollywood Animal Hospital. I am a certified veterinary technician who has been in veterinary medicine for over 12 years. My goal is to become board certified in critical care and to work for a practice similar to Hollywood Animal Hospital. After spending about four weeks total with the Hollywood Animal Hospital veterinarians, I would highly recommend them to other veterinary students and pet owners alike. The doctors and staff have provided an excellent experience for me and my classmates. The level of expertise and care provided by the doctors and staff are above and beyond many of the practices I have visited. I would love the opportunity to continue a relationship with the practice in the future.
The people at HAH are Very Caring and Very Understanding when a pet becomes ill and you have to "put him/her down. I recently lost my dearest pet car, Lovey. They saved my other cat Ki Ki when he became very ill. Guess it was time for Lovey to Fly with the Angels. God Bless all of you at this Wonderful Hospital.