Try the Maryland crab cakes - best crab cakes I have had on this island and anywhere else! Full of Crab and not bell pepper or bread crumbs, exactly how a crab cake should be! The hush puppies are also the best you will ever try - not greasy and just the right amount of sweetness.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Hudson's Seafood House On The DocksAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The World Famous Hudson's on the Docks! Hudson's is Hilton Head Island's oldest and most famous restaurant with 44 years of casual dining experience and featuring fresh, local seafood and spectacular views of the Inter coastal Waterway. All tables feature extraordinary views of Port Royal Sound for a truly unique Lowcountry dining experience. Hudson's employs the largest and one of only two remaining fishing fleets on the island which brings fresh local seafood straight from our docks to your table. Share the excitement as our crews unload thousands of oysters, shrimp and soft shell crabs from the day's catch. Bring your family and friends for a special Lowcountry treat that has been a tradition for island-goers for many years. Island Tradition Since 1967. Hudson's has been a family affair since the venerable J.B. Hudsons, Sr., put his name on the door of the old Hudson's Oyster Factory back in the 1920's when it was a seafood processing plant. For more than 40 years Hudson's has also been a tradition for islanders and visitors as Hilton Head's most renowned seafood eatery. Almost all our seafood comes from these waters and all our food is prepared from scratch right in our own kitchens. Our guests enjoy 2,000 gallons of oysters and 12,000 soft shell crabs (we could use twice as many if we could get them) annually. Our family of servers, chefs, hostesses, managers and everybody at Hudson's wants to welcome your family to a great meal! Amenities: Private parties, Hilton Head Island Seafood Fest, Events, Live Entertainment, Full Bar, Outdoor Seat. Languages: English. Payment: AMEX; Cash; Debit Card; Discover; MasterCard; VISA. Products: Seafood Restaurant, Restaurant, Lobster Restaurant, Dining Restaurant, Southern Cuisine. Specialties: Seafood Restaurant. Year Established: 1912. Awards: Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence 2013 Winner. Hours: Monday - Sunday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Seafood Restaurant, Restaurant, Lobster Restaurant, Dining Restaurant, Southern Cuisine.
- Coca Cola
- Payment method:
- discover, debit, cash, amex, master card, visa
- Seafood Restaurant, Restaurant, Lobster Restaurant, Dining Restaurant, Southern Cuisine
- Private parties, Hilton Head Island Seafood Fest, Events, Live Entertainment, Full Bar, Outdoor Sea.
- Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence 2013 Winner.
- Restaurants, American Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants
Greatest hush puppies on the planet! And always plentiful on the free baskets. They will even give you some to take home after! The wait staff and always pleasant hostesses make Hudson's one of our favorite spots on the island. You can't go wrong with this restaurant!!!! So many fresh dishes and always delicious.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Our first visit to Hudson's several years ago we were not impressed. However, this year, with a revamped Happy Hour, our opinion has changed. We had several delicious appetizers out on the newly furnished waterfront deck. The shrimp slider was fresh and all shrimp, oysters on a half shell fresh and large, and the fancy brisket slider was to die for, the meat melted in your mouth. The real deal BBQ shrimp had a broth ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I've lived on the island for six years now and Hudson's hands down has the best seafood. The last time I visited I had Jules as my server and she was a real sweetheart and quick with our order. This is a great place for the family to dine at, and the hushpuppies are outta this world!Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Came in a few nights back with the inlaws and the kids... The place was packed, which at first turned me off... But WOW! What a great decision. Don't let their popularity turn you off - it's full for a reason. The hush puppies were OUTSTANDING and the view of the Island from our table was just the cherry on top. My children are generally picky eaters but our server (Jules) helped them pick out some things they loved.... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
My 3 girlfriends and I ate here on Saturday after running.. It was awesome and the hushpuppies are the best I ever had and they give you plenty. Food was excellent and our waiter Borg was rated right up there also. I highly recommend this establishment, nicely located in Hilton Head. I will definitely be back.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse