- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- The address on the new location is 2130 E. State St Hermitage, PA 16148.The quaint country atmosphere combined with our fun loving, knowledgeable staff will be sure to enhance your winery experience.
With a variety of wines for every taste palate, Wilhelm Winery is a must-see for every wine lover. Whether a first time visitor or a veritable connoisseur, you'll be sure to feel right at home .
Established in 2000 Wilhelm Winery was created from a passion for winemaking that started in a basement and grew into a full-scale business. First introduced to winemaking as a young man, Gary Shilling's passion for winemaking spans over 20 years. This passion began in the basement of Gary Shilling's friend, Gary Rhodes, where he learned the basics of winemaking. Having honed this art in homemade wines and together producing variatles that grew in popularity locally, the desire for more formal training grew. Thus, the exploration into more sophisticated techniques had begun. The attendance of many courses throughout the eastern United States and sharing information with other winemakers helped create a quality wine worth sharing. Soon, a third wine enthusiast decided to not only join the blossoming wine family but join Gary Shilling in a different partnership - marriage. The marriage of Gary and Trish completed the successful union of Wilhelm Winery owners. Since the establishment of the winery in 2000, Gary Rhodes has since moved on to pursue other aspects of the industry. As Gary and Trish Shilling see the winery expand so does their passion for winemaking.Gary Shilling is not the first in his family history to be involved in the production of spirits. His great grandfather, Mangus Algier, was the owner and operator of the Spring Brewery "Algier Brewery" founded in the fall of 1871. At the height of the brewery the capacity was at 20,000 barrels per year. Unfortunately, the onset of prohibition forced the demise of this once legendary brewery located in Brookville, Pennsylvania.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (724) 253-2479
Fax: (724) 253-2479
- Free tastings Scheduled Tours Red Wines White Wines Fruit Wines Blush Wines Wine by the Glass Custom Gift Baskets and Gift Wrapped Bottles Wine Accessories Wine Racks Gourmet Mustards Specialty Crackers Clothing Local Art & Photography Homemade Winemaking Supplies Discounts by the case (12 bottles or more, mix & match) Ticketed Events Wine Festivals Specialty or Custom Labeling
- Wilhelm Winery Wines
- Payment method:
- debit, check, cash, all major credit cards, travelers checks
- Wilhelm Winery is located in a beautiful rustic 100-year-old barn situated by the headwaters of Lake Wilhelm.
- Deck that seats 30 Lovely Picnic Area Antique Winemaking Museum Indoor Seating
Wilhelm Winery Inc
- Liquor Stores, Wineries, Beer & Ale, Wine, Gift Shops, Winery Equipment & Supplies
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
By Appointment Only: No