Positive NurturingAdd to mybook
Where people are nurtured, high productivity, creativity, good fellow-feeling and cooperation flourish!
- General Info:
- build self-awareness and self-esteem
- enhance communication skills!
- learn how to handle anger and stress
- build awareness regarding the growth and development of children
~ * ~ * ~
We all need to be nurtured - to receive understanding, respect, warmth, gentle touch, praise, security, limits and appropriate expectations; at Positive Nurturing we create a safe, fun and motivating atmosphere where people grow, thrive and learn these skills -not only for their children and families benefit - but "for their own special unique self".
- Extra Phones:
MobilePhone: (559) 803-0875
- Our firm specializes in parenting classes, Nurturing Parenting Programs offered in small classes or individual one-on-one.
Our classes fall into 3 main categories:
- parenting programs for parents of infants and toddlers (0-5 years old)
- parenting programs for parents of adolescents, and strengthening those relationships between parents and their teens
- classes for teen parents 12-18 years
- parenting programs for parents of school-age children
- Dr. Stephen J. Bavolek, Family Development Resources, Nurturing Parenting Programs
- We are conveniently located in Fresno -- (on Shaw Avenue, near 6th Street) -- between Fresno State University and Fashion Fair Mall. 1300 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite #119, Fresno, CA 93710. To register or enroll, call for Appointment: (888) 665-7792, and press "#1" (extension 1) Ample parking; large and well-lit parking lot.
- We have found that smaller classes are more comfortable for our clients;
- our classes are very small, with a maximum of 10 parents per class;
- individual sessions are available by request;
- role-playing, dvd visuals, exercises and instruction are all part of our program
- our classes are approved for Fresno County Superior Court, for court-mandated parenting classes
- we also specialize in facilitating private group classes and workshops for organizations, companies and community groups
- Our Program Facilitator and Director, Alexis Sowa, also teaches the Nurturing Parenting Program for Clovis Unified School District. Our organization is listed on the preferred list of providers for Fresno County Superior Court, and will accept court referrals. Our programs are approved for court and our parenting classes and programs adhere to the requirements in the California Welfare and Institutions code Our organization has several local memberships and community involvement awards.
Nurturing Parenting Programs
- Child Care Consultants, Educational Services, Marriage, Family, Child & Individual Counselors, Family Planning Information Centers, Birth & Parenting-Centers, Education & Services