The worst meal I have had in a very long time...
A friend and I went into the Cafe Anglais for lunch on June 25th, 2008. The menu selections were traditional British fare, and our meals were served piping hot, fresh from the microwave. The arrival of our food was preceded by the comforting drone and then sharp 'ding' of that well-known household appaliance. Not even the sound of a saute pan for the American sausages (not British bangers, as advertised) could be heard from the kitchen, which was ten feet from our table.
Also, the instant mashed potatoes were served alongside the haggis, which came from the can taken from the shelf in the dining room before our very eyes.
I will never retun to the Cafe Anglais and urge anyone not expecting a microwaved meal to do the same.