Fort Lauderdale Veterinary Center
- General Info:
- Fort Lauderdale Veterinary Center is a full-service, state-of-the-art veterinary clinic and boarding facility located on the 17 Street Causeway. We treat and board dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits and other exotics (except reptiles). Fort Lauderdale Veterinary Center services include, but are not limited to: Exams, Vaccines, Surgery, Dentistry (with or without sedation), Radiology, Ultrasound, Stem Cell Therapy (for osteoarthritis), Microchipping, Laboratory, House Calls, Health Certificates, Boarding, Bathing, Medical Grooming, Diet Counseling, and much more. Thank you South Florida for making Fort Lauderdale Veterinary Center the fastest growing animal hospital and boarding facility in Broward County. Come by and meet Dr. Javier Gonzalez and the staff to find out what all the buzz is about! Specialties: dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits, exotics Biography: Dr. Javier Gonzalez was born and raised in Puerto Rico. As a young kid, Dr. Gonzalez always dreamed of one day becoming a veterinarian. He did so in 2004. He graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from Florida International University in Miami, FL in 2000. He then attended Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts, a small island in the Caribbean and completed his senior year at Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA. After graduating from vet school in January of 2004, Dr. Gonzalez moved to New York and practiced veterinary medicine in Long Island. After living and working there for a year, he decided to move back to the Sunshine State after long winter days convinced him that New York was not the Empire State for him. Dr. Gonzalez practiced at a local animal hospital for the last 7 years and has now opened his new veterinary center in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Gonzalez enjoys all aspects of small animal medicine and surgery, but has a special interest in preventive medicine. He shares his life with his life partner as well as Charlie (miniature schnauzer), Bentley (shih-poo), Kiki (cat), Lola (cat), Bobbi (Goffin's cockatoo) and Sophia (blue Quaker parakeet) and many fish tanks. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends, the theater and movies, swimming, bike riding and keeping a healthy lifestyle (except for sweets and diet cola). Come by Fort Lauderdale Veterinary Center today and meet Dr. Gonzalez and the staff. Free tours are given daily.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (954) 522-5354
- Advantix, Comfortis, Frontline, Heartgard, Hills Science Diet, NexGard, Purina Prescription Diet, Revolution, Royal Canin Prescription Diet, Trifexis
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, Oakland Park, Sunrise, Fort Everglades, Hollywood, Pompano Beach
- Boarding, Cat Boarding, Dog Boarding, Bird Boarding, Exotic Pet Boarding, Kennel, House Calls, In-house Laboratory, Sedation
- English, Spanish
American Veterinary Medical Association
Broward County Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association, Broward County Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinarians, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Veterinary Specialty Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Free
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Dr. Gonzalez actually gets right down on the floor with treats, and takes time to make our pets feel special, as well as the owners! I interviewed many vets before I chose to go with Dr. Gonzalez. He actually took the time to take me around, show me all the different rooms and explain how an animal is treated. Being that my husband and I travel internationally, on a frequent basis, we have to obtain the health certificates for our dog. This is definitely the place to bring your pet. Dr. Gonzalez (and staff), I thank you for your professionalism and for the care you show our dog. Kudos to you!
Dr. Gonzalez is the most amazing vet ever. The clinic is gorgeous and the staff is friendly and helpful! Dr. Gonzalez truly cares about his patients and the clients; it shows from the moment you walk into his clinic. I would recommend this clinic over ANY. Once you meet Dr. Gonzalez and experience his beautiful clinic and the personal and loving care your four-legged babies receive..... You will never want to go anywhere else.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Gonzalez and his staff. First of all, the location is convenient. Second, the office is not only up to date, but it's absolutely clean. Third, the vet tecs are great and they truly love and care for your pet. Fourth, Dr. Gonzalez is an absolute gem.
I can't say enough about Dr Gonzalez and his staff. He's been so wonderful to our Max. Whenever we used to go to our old vet our dog Max would cringe in the back seat. Now we say we are going to see Dr G and he's excited to go!! He's always there for us. His staff is professional and caring. I would recommend taking your pets here. I'll never take our pets anywhere else.
"First, when you walk in the door you immediately notice the fresh, clean smell of a hospital that is well taken care of. The decor is beautiful and not too cluttered. I feel like my animals can relax and if my pet has an accident the staff is right there to help me clean it up.
Second, the staff is just wonderful. Always smiling, always attentive to me and my pets, and always accommodating. I've called Dr. Gonzalez in emergency situations and he is right there to help no matter the time of day. He takes pride in his practice and truly loves animals."