Autonation IMAX 3D Theater & Museum of Discovery & Science
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
Open 7 Days ; Open Holidays
- General Info:
- There is always something new happening at the Museum of Discovery and Science. Spend a day of discovery exploring hundreds of interactive exhibits and our featured traveling exhibit. Discover the amazing Everglades in the Florida EcoScapes exhibit. Hang out with bats, turtles and sharks. Meet an alligator and be charmed by a 6-foot-long snake. Take a ride to Mars or soar through the skies in an FA-18 cockpit simulator. And immerse yourself in a five-story-high film adventure at the AutoNation IMAX Theater, home of the BIGGEST screen in South Florida. Whether youre two or 82 visit the Museum of Discovery and Science and enjoy a full day of family fun.
- Extra Phones:
Volunteer Dept.: (954) 713-0921
For Tickets: (954) 713-0930
- IMAX, Birthday Parties, Camps, Camp-ins, Overnights, Outreach, schools, groups, gift store, concessions, alligators, turtles, sharks, bats, aviation, health exhibit,
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Sailboat Bend, South Fort Lauderdale
Accredited by the American Association of Museums
- Museums, Children's Party Planning & Entertainment, Movie Theaters, Theatres, Tourist Information & Attractions, Children's Museums, Party Planning
Do not go to this horrible place.
I've never been to a theater anywhere with a "no refunds, no reason" policy. You would think that if a vendor couldn't provide the service they sold you, they would refund you. But general manager Theresa Waldron refused to refund us, even though there were no acceptable seats available. You pay the jacked up ticket price in a theater like this for the "IMAX Experience", but beware because Theresa Waldron's idea of the IMAX experience is for you to sit three feet from the screen looking straight up, while your wife sits in the back of the theater because there are no longer two seats available in which you can sit with your spouse.
When I asked to speak with her, she tried to escort me away from the line so that she could continue to sell tickets to unknowing customers who would be put through the same horrible experience. I refused to move, which is when she got nasty. I've never seen such inept and downright offensive behavior from management in any theater. You can go to any budget AMC, Cobb, Movieco and if you change your mind at the last minute you can get your money back quite easily. You can go to more expensive premium theaters with bar service like iPic and Cinebistro and get your money back or at the very least get a credit for a future movie, but Theresa Waldron thinks that the horrible service provided at Autonation IMAX is so superior that she can refuse refunds and not provide customers the theater experience they are paying good money for.
I was so offended by her behavior and attitude that I told her that I would be filing a chargeback on my credit card, since I did not receive what I had paid for. She looked at me with a smirk and told me they would be disputing it. Unbelievable. As I walked out, stunned, she continued to yell at me and my wife, as additional customers made more non-refundable purchases. Whoever hired this woman should have their head examined.
Don't ever give these idiots your credit card. They'll screw you.
It is very disappointing when you go to the main IMAX site and you see all of the cool, regular release movies that are playing in IMAX and then you realize that the IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale rarely has any of these but tends to go for just the educational type of movies. I am not opposed to nature movies and the like, I go see those too, but it seems like since this IMAX is located inside of a Museum, they think they are too sophisticated to play regular movies. They do have some from time to time, so thanks for that. Also, the staff is rude and the wait to get in is horrendous.