I recently ate at El Capitan for their 4th Anniversary party and was definitely pleasantly surprised! My friends and I drank XX for $2.50 and I got the shrimp special! There were hug shrimp with bacon and jalepenos wrapped around them! Amazing! I was up from Phoenix and definitely would recommend this place to travelers!!!
El Capitan Fresh Mexican Grill
- General Info:
- El Capitan is a family friendly local hangout for Flagstaff and tourists. We specialize in fresh ingredients only. We have a delicious salsa bar with 5 salsas to choose from made daily! We specialize in TACOS... We have hard, soft or our choice "dorado style". We serve tacos with chicken, shredded beef, pork, fish, shrimp or bean. We specialize in Margaritas! We have our famous "Lily" which is not on our menus. You must ask for this margarita. You are only allowed 2 max! Our happy hour is the best in Flagstaff. Served Tues-Friday. We have a separate food menu for the happy hour as well. Come visit us.. We know that you will not be disappointed. We are closed Mondays from Nov-March.
- Extra Phones:
TollFree: (866) 409-1445
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, amex, all major credit cards
- Greentree Village Shopping Ctr
- Mexican Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Caterers, Latin American Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin American
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Average
Posted: 9/25/2008Provided by Citysearch -
We were recently took a road trip to Flagstaff and Sedona. We have never been to that neck of the woods before, so we pretty much rely on the various websites, especially Citysearch on where to dine and what to do once once we're there. The review for Salsa Brava were pretty good and decided to give it a try. We were there at the 5:30pm and waited by the front door to be seated. After an excruciating long wait and almost decided to walk out, up came a nice young man who apologized for a long wait and seated us and bought us 2 glasses of water. We were taking our time perusing the menu and at the same time noticed that the restaurant was not crowded but only a few tables had food the rest of the tables just sit and wait for something. By this time, there were more people coming in through the door and waited for somebody to seat them. I wanted to walk out again but my husband didn't want to give up and decided to walk around the restaurant looking for somebody to take our order and/or seated those poor people. Finally he managed to find a waitress to take our order and the same nice young man to seat those poor people. He received a thumb up from the customers that were already seated and a nice thank you from a young lady who soon to be seated. Apparently, the manager in his infinite wisdom decided to have a staff meeting right at the peak of the dining hour! Our waitress was nice and brought us a basket of chips, apologized and showed us the salsa bar, nice salsa bar. Our entrees were ok, the rice was crusty and hard through out. We ate our entrees, paid the bill and vowed to go someplace else for our next Mexican meal if we ever find ourselves in Flagstaff again.
We are a group of 7 "Red Hat" Ladies from the San Francisco Bay Area. We were on our way to a Red Hat reunion/conference in New Mexico. We were driving through Flagstaff and wanted Mexican food. We all agreed (all 7 of us) to the following:
1. The food was excellent! We each had something different, but all of us were very pleased. We have lots of Mexican restaurants around us in California and this held it's own.
2. We had a young man waiter named Lawrence. He impressed us with his manners, he was quite clean cut looking (and handsome!) very charming, friendly and patient with us bunch of older ladies since we were not very organized at ordering.
3. The margaritas were wonderful....cheers to the bartender, or maybe even Lawrence made them for us.
4. The restaurant itself was clean an cheery. Parking was good anda the bathroom was even clean!
Wish we lived nearby, but we travel often as our group or smaller/different groups, so we will be back!
Thank you ladies for a wonderful review.. I am so happy that you joined us for lunch last month.. We do hope that when traveling through Flagstaff, you do join us again.. El capitan Fresh Mexican Grill
Posted: 5/20/2003Provided by Citysearch -
Excellent place. The food was pretty good. Very reasonable prices. They feature a bar with many different kinds of homemade salsa. Just help yourself. This is a free feature as long as you're ordering a meal. What a great idea. Was a big hit with our family! Highly recommended. By the way it says that this Salsa Brava is a caterer. All I know is that we ate at this address.