We took our 14 year old pit lab mix out tonight to be euthanized. we had been trying to save him for a year, his back legs were giving out and he was in kidney failure and suffering. He and my husband were inseparable. When we got home, they had left us a message that the vet thought he could be saved and readopted!!!! First of all if he could have been saved we would have kept him. So now we have to live with the fact that our dog is still alive, jacked up on pain meds, which we did...view moren't,t want for him and now he thinks we abandoned him. This is what they call humane??? We are beside ourselves right now! Absolutely disgusting and I will never take another animals out there again.view lessShare Review
Lollypop Farm Humane Society Of Greater RochesterAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Humane Society at Lollypop Farm offers education, community outreach programs and prevents cruelty against animals. Its shop and online boutique offers stylish dog and cat accessories. Its Pets Are Welcome program assists in finding more homes for adoptable animals by encouraging pet owners and landlords to work together to find solutions for pet housing problems. Its Senior Citizen Pet Assistance program provides financial assistance to seniors on fixed incomes who wish to continue living at home with a pet. It maintains a pet food bank and can provide food on an emergency basis. It offers dog obedience classes to improve communication skills and prevent future behavior problems. Humane Society at Lollypop Farm is located in Fairport, N.Y.
- Animal Shelters; Humane Societies, Pet Training, Pet Services; Pet Cementerie & Crematories
- Hill's Science Diet Foods
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- Animal Shelters, Pet Cemeteries & Crematories, Pet Services, Pet Training, Humane Societies
Read that 1 star as -10!
There is a viral video of dog abuse on facebook you should be aware of. This happened in Rochester New York, "Lollypop Farm" (their Humane Society) was sent the video Friday. The dog is still in the home while they 'investigate?' The public is outraged around the world! That dog is in a dangerous home and NOT being rescued by those in charge of doing just that!
In the first video you can see the man get the hose. He is wearing a hat and jacket, wh...view moreich means it's cold. He then proceeds to hose the dog for 3 1/2 minutes, finishing by hitting the dog with a rake...for trying to escape the freezing cold hose down.
Lollypop Farm has been getting complaints about this dog for 8 MONTHS and has done nothing! The dog is kept on a 5' leash in the yard and is forced to sit in it's own excrement. From what I gather on Facebook he was hosing the dog off because his children were shooting the dog with paintball guns.
THE DOG IS STILL THERE! Her name is Princess, she is a German Shepherd. Please someone help her, because this Inhumane Society obviously won't!view less
Lollypop Farm has saved a multitude of lives. However ppl forget they are a kill shelter. It is unfortunate that they didn't give your dog a chance to find a loving home. It is not uncommon for the kill shelters to kill dogs immediately if they feel they are discomposed. All the reason in the world to support the No Kill Shelters!Share Review
If I could rate lower than what I did I would. This place is poorly run, staff is all over the place and no one has answers or knows much of anything they are doing.
I took my dog of 2 1/2 years old as he was harder to handle for us and THOUGHT bringing him to Lolly Pop Farm he might have had a chance to be someones only pet or someone elses love bug. It was a VERY hard and traumatic thing for us to do when we took him there. Not even 7 hours after dropping him off, myself &...view moreamp; my family coudn't take it and called them back and said we would adopt our own pet back out so he can be home with us. Mind you they had stipulations which was fine with us we just wanted him back.
The next morning I went out to Lolly Pop and asked to speak to the supervisor in getting our dog back and this is the response I got back from her. &quot;I am so sorry but he was put down last night&quot; Are you kidding me! they knew I wanted him back, they knew I was coming for him the very next morning. I would NEVER take a pet there for as long as I live they do NOT give them a chance, they are quick to KILL your pets!
Rating: Shut this kill fest down!view less
We had to get rid of our 3 kittens due to my sister's severe allergy. Seeing we had to get rid of them right away, we brought them to Lollypop.. It seemed unorganized and chaotic. They also make you donate money. I understand they're undertaking the expense of raising them, but it felt unfair to pay for them to be taken from us. :-(Share Review