Welcome to Joy Preschool & Daycare PURPOSE
Joy Preschool and Daycare exists as a mission of John Knox Presbyterian Church. Its main purpose is to provide a place of Christian care and concern where children of families in this community may have a wholesome, safe and nurturing environment.
Joy is open year round. We offer two programs:
- Preschool only - 9:15am to 12:15pm
- Extended Care - 7:00am to 6:00pm (includes preschool program)
Our preschool program is available to children ages two years, six months old and fully potty trained through five years old. The preschool is developmental and provides a carefully balanced program to encourage each child to succeed socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. A variety of activities are planned each day to create an environment where your child can learn and explore fun, hands-on experiences.
Three and Four Year Old
Our goal is to build self esteem by:
- Attending to the individual’s needs;
- Supporting and encouraging each child;
- Providing new learning experiences;
- Assisting in task completion;
- Stretching the child’s attention span;
- Encouraging new social skills and attitudes;
- Aiding in development of large/small motor skills;
- Teaching the child to listen and follow directions.
Make an appointment to tour the facility, meet the staff and become acquainted with the purpose and goals of the school. We require a $100 non-refundable registration fee to hold your spot. You will then receive an enrollment packet to complete and return prior to your child’s first day of attendance.