The Salvation ArmyAdd to mybook
Doing the most good!
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- We are an inclusive community offering both church and social services. Though anyone is welcome to attend our church services, we extend our hand of service to those in need who live in Arrowhead Lake, Baker Mill Pond, Beach Glen, Boonton, Budd Lake, Denville, Dover, Flanders, Hibernia, Hopatcong, Kenvil, Lake Hiawatha, Lake Hopatcong, Landing, Ledgewood, Mine Hill, Montville, Mountain Lakes, Mount Arlington, Mount Olive, Mount Tabor, Netcong, Picatinny Arsenal, Randolph, Rockaway, Roxbury, Stanhope, Succasunna, Towaco, Victory Gardens, Wharton and Youngstown. The Salvation Army’s social service ministry seeks to meet human needs in Christ’s name, to alleviate human suffering, and to promote wholeness by addressing the spiritual, social, emotional, psychological and physical well-being of those served. Believing that caring is an expression of Christian love, we strive to empower people by helping those served assemble and discover choices. We base our services on community needs and work collaboratively with others in addressing those needs. The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. Eighty-two cents of every dollar spent is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. From its inception, The Salvation Army has relied heavily on volunteers who support its programs. Often referred to as “the army behind The Army," volunteers play a crucial role in The Salvation Army's ability to provide quality social services for the entire community. Volunteers are valuable assets in The Salvation Army's efforts to meet the changing needs of our world. Through the skills and experience they bring to The Army, volunteers make significant contributions to society by positively impacting the lives of those they assist. Salvation Army volunteers change lives, uplift families and support communities throughout our nation every day. Discover the joy of giving back to your community: become a Salvation Army volunteer TODAY! Thank you for exploring the many opportunities to help those in need and enhance your community as a volunteer within The Salvation Army.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (973) 366-0875
- The Salvation Army in Dover, being led by Captains Aloir and Rute Andrade, serves more than 30 cities in Morris and Susex County for over 110 years! A Christian Church and Social Work office, they are located on 76 North Bergen St. in Dover. Serving the community with rental, electric, and gas bill assistance, "summer day camp" program for children in the summer, red kettle campaign to raise money in the winter, turkey basket giveaway during Thanksgiving time, and "angel tree" and "adopt a family" program to give gifts to less fortunate families on Christmas time. Thank you for your support over the years. We can only do what we do with your help. God Bless You!
- Payment method:
- amex, check, debit, discover, visa, mastercard
- Monday - Friday Social Services and Food Pantry: 10am - 4pm After School Program: 2:30-6pm summer day camp: July 9th - August 3rd Monday - Friday 9am to 4pm Over-Night Camp: Call for information church hours Monday 7pm: preaching class Wensday 7m: prayer meeting Thursday 7am: small prayer group Sunday 10am: sunday school for kids, teens, and adults Sunday 11am: holliness meeting If you have any questions or concerns, please call us!
- Check Donations
- English, Spanish
- Social Service Organizations, Charities, Fund Raising Service, Churches & Places of Worship, Community Organizations