Law Office of Erik G. SoderbergAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- My law firm concentrates on representing clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
I am licensed to practice law in the following jurisdictions:
* Maryland (state and federal courts)
* District of Columbia (federal court only)
* California (state courts)
A member of the following Associations:
- The Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (301) 315-8182
- Practice Areas Liquidation versus Reorganization We specialize in chapters 7 and 13 of the bankruptcy code. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Read on to learn more. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Chapter 7 bankruptcy may be the most effective way to stop creditors and start fresh. It halts repossessions, garnishments, foreclosures and other creditor actions. Generally, the bankruptcy judge appoints a trustee to liquidate your assets for disbursement to your creditors. The trustee may not liquidate certain assets protected by state and federal law. Many Chapter 7 filings are no-asset bankruptcies. Your bankruptcy lawyers, Erik G. Soderberg, can exempt most if not all assets from liquidation depending on your circumstances. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Sometimes, it's best to repay your debts. Often times, you can repay your debts with better terms. Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to reorganize your finances and get on the road to financial recovery. The court works with you and your creditors to create a repayment schedule that allows you to keep your assets yet satisfies your debt obligations. Many small businesses use this option in order to continue operations in difficult times. What kind of bankruptcy is best for you? It depends on your situation. We must review your balance sheet in order to know what bankruptcy chapters you qualify for. Then we can determine what kind of filing is most beneficial to you. Call for a free review of your case. Remember to bring your financial documents! I am a debt relief agent. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
- Attorneys, Bankruptcy Law Attorneys, Bankruptcy Services, Business Bankruptcy Law Attorneys, Debt Adjusters, Financial Services