After going to a lovely wedding in Littleton, we decided to make the half-hour trek downtown to continue the party at Marlowe's. We were NEVER greeted, and after finally being asked what I wanted, my order was completely ignored. No, I was not drunk! The bartender did order a cab for me, but then never followed up with me so it left. Apparently, business is NOT appreciated, so I will not go back.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Marlowe'sAdd to mybook
Book a Table
- General Info:
- Since 1982, Marlowe's is a restaurant located in Denver, Colo. The restaurant provides appetizers, soup, salads, burgers and sandwiches, main course and desserts. The restaurant also offers an assortment of wines and martinis. It is a ground plus mezzanine level restaurant with a capacity for more than 200 people. The dance floor at the restaurant can accommodate 40 people for a sit down meal and up to 75 people for a cocktail reception. The Bandstand above the Dance Floor allows guests to enjoy food and music/entertainment at the same time. Rocky Mountain News has voted Marlowe's as Denver's Best Overall Restaurant.
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, travelers checks, cash, debit
- We are located right off the 16th St. Mall in downtown Denver. Across from the Denver Pavillions and right next to the Paramount Theater.
- Central Denver, Downtown Denver, Central Business District
- Bars, Restaurants, American Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Steak Houses
Marlowe's is right on the 16th street mall...the location is excellent-convient to the FREE 16th street mall shuttle bus, and only a couple of blocks from the light rail. Very close to many of the downtown hotels. The seating both in and outside, offers great people watching on the 16th street mall-the windows open all along the one side of the restaurant, so you feel like you are outside, even though you are inside... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Definitely an older crowd. The drink special and appetizer specials are great! Lots of choices for beers on tap. Service was pretty attentive, but the bar tender was overwhelmed so refills were slow! The food was good ? I had the halibut with mashed lobster potatoes! They didn?t even complain when we asked to split the entree ? which was great, since it was a bit of food! We also enjoyed the spinach appetizer dip wh... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
This restaurant is moving toward cutting edge. Just look at the menu and speak with the chef's. They have fresh food and ingredients... it's not the same old boring thing each month. As for the service.. it can be improved ..but the same goes for every place in the area ... when your flooded with customers .. it's virtually impossible to meet all the needs of the consumer. I give this place 4 1/2 stars. - genoLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
If you DO end up at Marlowe's, try the Bellinni Tini. Yum! The food is so-so at best. BUT...the staff is a NIGHTMARE. I sat and watched a hostess seat 9 people and not once did she smile. I also watched her roll her eyes and shake her head everytime a customer asked her a question. I was apalled!\r If that wasn't bad enough, I witnessed the servers bad mouth another customer--right in front of other customers.\r Ma... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Marlowes isn't terrible but it isn't wonderful either. The food is mediocre, the staff is mediocre, and the ambience... again, mediocre. I do like their salads, the appetizers are also not too bad. The wine is overpriced. Reservations are taken but are not always honored.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Great place for drinks. The atmosphere was romantically dim and cozy and the tables are apart far enough to forget to that others are in the restaurant. The food was good and they give a large portion. The service was also good. I recommend trying a local favorite.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch