Dr. Yolanda Barrera, Bilingual Spanish Marriage Counselor
- General Info:
- I am bilingual (Spanish/English) psychologist, with more than 17 years of training & experience working with diverse communities locally and internationally. My interests in the mental health field are focused on Prevention, Culturally sensitive Assessment and Intervention, and Program development. We offer a Safe, Nurturing and Supportive Environment for You to Experience Growth Professional Experience: I have worked with Individuals, Couples & Families of different backgrounds and circumstances; I have also worked with Communities and Organizations facilitating: * Mental Health & Resiliency * Cultural Competence * Socio-Cultural Adaptation and Integration * Quality and Life Satisfaction * Overall Effectiveness and Productivity Some of the settings in which I have worked include: * The Counseling Center at the University Of Denver * University-Based Research Projects Such As the University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center-UCHSC/ Psychiatry Department * The Center for Marital Studies/University of Denver (F.R.A.M.E. Project) * Denver and Aurora Public Schools * Neuropsychological Rehabilitation Clinic * Mental Health Community Centers * Family Resource Centers (Aurora Public Schools and the Community College Of Aurora) * Private Practice Environments I also participated as examiner in the standardization of the Weshler Intelligence Scale for children in Spanish (WISC-IV-Espanol). Currently I am affiliate faculty at Regis University.
- * Bilingual Spanish Therapist and Psychological Assessment * Spanish Online Therapy * Bilingual Hypnotherapy * Bilingual Business Consultant * Spanish Individual & Couples Therapy * Therapy that is culturally aware and sensitive * Spanish Psycholigical Assesment I specialize in: * Cultural Adjustment Issues * Depression * Friendly Divorce * Loss-Grief * PTSD * Relationship issues Anxiety * Sexuality * Spiritual Issues * Trauma Bilingual Spanish Psychological Assessment: Are you or your child struggling with work or school performance and not sure what is the problem? Please call to have a free phone consultation. Presentations & Seminars on Mental Health Topics: * Adolescent Processes * Cultural Competency and Other Topics of Your Interest * Depression * Enhancing Parenting Skills * Family Strengthening * Positive Communication * Relationship Enrichment * Sexuality * Successful Management of Anxiety Diversity and Immigration Related Services: Learn to use your talents and skills to materialize your dreams during your adaptation to a different environment and/or culture. * Bilingual Business Consultant * Bilingual Spanish Therapist/ Counselor * Bilingual Spanish Hypnotherapy * Bilingual Spanish Psychological / Academic Assessment * Cross-Cultural Therapy
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, debit, financing available, amex, discover, mastercard, visa
- Goldsmith, Southeast Denver
- English, Spanish
American Society of Clinical Hypnosis,American Psychological Association,Colorado Assessment Society,National Latino Psychological Association
Dr. Yolanda Barrera, Bilingual Marriage Counselor
- Psychologists, Counseling Services
- Other Information:
I have been dealing with Dr. Yolanda for seven months now and she is exceptional. It is a pleasure everytime I speak with her she makes me feel better about myself, my situation in life as a husband, father, and employee. She truely cares about me and I look forward to working with her in the future. I higly recommend her to all!