Mary's Tack and Feed is a great place to go for equestrian needs. Mary's has been in business for decades -- providing excellent and reliable product and service throughout.
Mary's Tack & Feed
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Marys Tack & Feed has been serving riders and pet owners every day in Southern California for over 50 years. Plus, with an Internet site and toll free phone (800-551-6279), Marys sells to customers throughout the United States. Marys Tack & Feed has English and Western saddles, tack, grooming supplies, supplements, and horse gear to satisfy the discerning horse owner. Youll find a great selection of the latest and most popular riding apparel, from western wear, paddock boots, tall boots, and cowboy boots, to breeches, popular sportswear, trendy fashion jackets and bling jeans. Equestrian themed gifts, decor, books, Breyer horses, and toys for all ages, makes Marys a popular shopping destination.
- Business History
- Mary's Tack and Feed was started in 1963 in Del Mar, California by Mary Hammond. At just over 600 square feet, many days the saddles would have to be moved outside just so the customers had room to shop inside the store. From these sleepy beginnings, our current owner Mike purchased Mary’s in 1976. He built a large wooden pole building and Mary’s moved across the street to its present day location on the corner of Via De La Valle and El Camino Real. Now almost 12,000 square feet, Mary’s has the space to be able to stock just about everything to meet your equestrian and pet needs. Right Next Door The area around Mary's Tack & Feed has grown up as well. Del Mar Show Park right next door hosts shows throughout the year, and just down the street Del Mar Fairgrounds features horse shows stretching from March through November. What We Offer The 40 employees of Mary’s Tack & Feed serve riders and pet owners every day in Southern Cali
- Feed & Bedding Local Feed/Shavings Delivery Equestrian Apparel Riding Helmets, Boots, and Vests HorseTrainingandRidingEquipment Grooming Supplies HorseHealth Supplements and First Aid HorseApparel (blankets, sheets, scrims, and coolers) Pet Food and Supplies Gifts and Home Decor Custom Engravings (via Phoenix West) Clipper repair and blade sharpening (via Groomtech)
- Absorbine, Ariat, Back on Track, Butet, CWD, Charles Owen, Equifit, Eqyss, Fleeceworks, GPA, Ice Horse, JPC Equestrian, Joules, KL Select, Kensington, Mikmar, Nunn Finer, Passier, Perri's Leather, Pessoa, Pikeur, Professional's Choice, Purina Mills, Stubben, Supracor, Tailored Sportsman, Toklat, Tucker, Weatherbeeta, Weaver Leather
- Payment method:
- mastercard, visa, amex, discover, check, cash
- For shoppers local to the Southern California area, Mary's has a brick-and-mortar location in Del Mar, giving you the convenience of in-store shopping.
- Expert fitting for helmets, tall boots, and saddles for the rider Educational Clinics and Seminars Onsite Certified Saddle Fitting for Horses (by appoinment only) Gently Used Saddle Consignments Bit Rental Program 4-day Saddle Trials available
- English, Spanish
- Feed Dealers, Horse Equipment & Services, Saddlery & Harness, Pet Food, Riding Apparel & Equipment, Sporting Goods, Livestock Equipment & Supplies, Clothing Stores, Western Apparel & Supplies
- Other Information:
09/07/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Sadly, I believe that the quality of service at Mary's has made a steady decline over the last several years. I own four horses, my daughter competes so believe me, I KNOW! With the elimination of the equine departments at the various PetSmarts in town, maybe business is so good for them that it's no longer important to ensure quality customer service. And lets face it, when your go to a Horse Show at Horse Park ... they've got you right where they want you in the event of an emergency horse related purchase and they nail it to you in terms of price (shavings for example .. must be the most expensive shavings in Southern California!) . I've also experienced ""issues"" with my credit card. I was called a week after a purchase and asked to provide my card number to the gal over the phone ... someone had made a mistake at the time of purchase. Hmmmm. I've even experienced one of the cashier's (appeared to be about 19 years of age) rudely arguing with the lady that works upstairs when she approached the girl to tell her the details of my purchase (the cashier didn't want to be bothered and must NOT have realized that I was the purchasing customer ...) ... bottom line .... poor poor poor customer service! I order online from Dover and Dressage Extensions or drive up to San Marcos anytime that I can to avoid these people. I will drive out of my way to purchase feed because I hate the thought of giving this place any more business then I absolutely have to. Saddles?? Please!! They are SO beat up, it's pathetic. Their prices are super high compared to online alternatives. Believe me, shop around and you will come to the same conclusion ... come to think of it, that applies to almost everything in their store. Who's managing this operation these days??? What has happened to what USED to be a wonderful store?
05/09/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Don't know what these other reviewers are talking about - maybe they work for the competition. Mary's is a great store with fun people and big selection. The other day I saw one of the managers out in the parking lot helping an older gentleman with how to put his saddle into his new saddle carrier. The feed guys are really outstanding - they've even called me ahead of time when the rain is coming to make sure I'm stocked on shavings. Love this store!
02/02/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I received an order that had been damaged, and it took weeks of arguing with assorted managers up the chain of command to finally get my money back. Bottom line: don't order anything from these guys. They don't stand behind their products, and if your order arrives damaged, good luck getting them to admit fault.