I don't dance but my wife dragged me there last month for a night out with her girlfriends and their husbands. After about an hour of easy lessons I got over my fear of looking like a fool in public and actually made it around the dance floor well enough to make my wife happy. The instructor was easy to follow, even for us non-dancers (thanks for your patience Randy!). We've been back twice and had a blast each time.... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Two Left Feet Dance CenterAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Who Should Take Privates? 1. Everyone can benefit from a private lesson. Beginners, intermediate, advanced dancers and wedding couples. 2. Ladies can learn how to respond to some of the more advanced types of moves that the guys are trying to lead. Ladies can learn some styling that fits their personalities and skill level. Ladies can also learn to respond easily to both light and stronger leads. 3. Gentlemen can benefit in learning how to start feeling what the moves should feel like when done with proper connection, timing and positioning. What Subjects Can I Concentrate On in a Private Lesson? It helps if you have some ideas of what you want to work on. This way we can focus on your immediate concerns first. As a beginner, you must focus on the basics first. Each dance has a set of beginning moves that must be mastered before moving on. IF YOU ARE BEYOND THE BASICS, HERE ARE SOME AREAS THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS IMPROVE: * Connection and frame. Hands, arms, shoulders and general body tone. * Turns and spins ... hand connection and arm tone in turns, spotting, smooth out the lead and follow in turns. Learn to keep your feet under you, keep your body posture vertical etc. * Leverage and compression. Learn contra body motion and contra body placement. Work on lunges, dips, mirroring your partner etc. * Foot placement as it relates to balance and smoothness. Learn how to stay grounded in your foot placement.
- We offer lessons for most of the popular dances, such as Ballroom, Latin, West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Salsa, Bachata, Country Partner & Line Dancing, Zumba, Hip Hop & More. * There are drop in classes seven nights a week. * Private Lessons are scheduled by appointment, you can work on any dance you like and we will help you improve your skills. Private lessons are also what most couples, working on a first dance, use to choreograph their first dance. * Semi-Privates (more than one couple) can be scheduled for you and your wedding party, or for you and a couple of friends wanting to share the cost of private lessons. Let Us Help you Become Comfortable With your First Dance We can guide you or your wedding party to learn enough dancing to do an elegant and simple dance. Our patient, friendly staff will work with you at a pace that is comfortable for you. They will teach you simple, elegant routine to the song that you have personally selected. For your first dance. it is best to start with plenty of time. Your first dance can be very simple or as elegant as you allow time for. We recommend at least one month before the wedding, two months is better. This will give more time in case you feel you need it. Don't worry, if you left your lessons to the last minute, we can still help you. We will be able to give you some simple things to do that will make your first dance romantic, fun and elegant.
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, amex, cash
- Look for our blue awning. We are across the street from Beverages & More.
Two Left Feet
- Dancing Instruction, Dance Halls, Dance Clubs, Party Planning, Wedding Supplies & Services, Wedding Music & Entertainment
- Other Information:
Classes Offered: Dance Classes