This place is not that great. Very sad that Dr. Bruce Colton is like a Pee Wee Hermon and the office staff is horrible. One lady Karen that is the Optician has horrible rotten teeth and very bad breath. Also, Connie another Optician and front desk staff looks like a meth addict with horrible teeth as well. The equipment is so old and the pre testing is done on a lazy susan.
Prestonwood Eyecare-Dr. David Moiger
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- We welcome you to Prestonwood Eyecare and DALLASeyes, the optometric practice of Dr. David C. Moiger. We are committed to providing a thorough vision and eye health examination exceeding your expectations for service and quality. In addition, we are a high fashion optical store offering collections of eyewear frames found only in select boutiques. It is important to remember that there is more to vision and eye care than just receiving new glasses or contact lenses. The eyes are a window into the body, allowing the doctor to visualize blood vessels and nerves in the normal state and to detect various diseases including diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, cornea disease, and macular degeneration. We utilize technologically advanced instrumentation to assist us in an accurate diagnosis of visual problems and treatment of eye disease. The automated refractive instrument provides us with a computerized reading of your eyes, which provides an accurate starting poi nt to help determine your final eyeglass prescription. With a biomicroscope or slit lamp, we will examine your cornea and carefully perform a complete cataract inspection. Computerized visual field examination is used to detect early signs of diseases including glaucoma.; Lang:Spanish & English
- Maui Jim, Oakley, Ray Ban
- Payment method:
- debit, check, all major credit cards, insurance
- Northeast Corner of Beltline and Prestonwood Blvd
- Prestonwood, North Central Dallas
- Try our high fashion designer frames.
- English, Spanish
American Optometric Society
Texas Optometric Society
Dallas Cty Optometric Society
- Members of BBB, AOS, TOS
- Contact Lenses, Eyeglasses, Optical Goods, Optometrists, Optometry Equipment & Supplies, Medical Equipment & Supplies, Optometrists-OD-Therapy & Visual Training
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
By Appointment Only: Yes
I have a hard time finding glasses that fit so I need to look at a lot of frames before I buy. Prestonwood eye care had a really great selection. I found a set of glasses that is perfect for me. All due in part because they have a very accommodating and patient staff.
I stopped in looking for a pair of glasses. What I found was a very good selection of eyeware. Connie, the associate that helped me was professional. She informed me about package deals and very knowledgeable of the frames and frame styled a pair that I have received many compliments about. I will be a returning customer.
Stay away from this place. The argumentative staff refused to help me when I told them I couldn't afford the high end progressives the doctor prescribed.
They do not have anything but VERY high end glasses ($500 frames) so I couldn't afford to fill my prescription there. I was tired of using drive through services like lens crafters but it's hard to find an optometrist that will take VSP.
Worst eye care experience EVER.
I ordered glasses from this store after getting an eye exam. The glasses I came in after 2.5 weeks and was not right for me. I had them re measure me and they sent away for replacement glasses again aprox 2 weeks. I had to call them to see if they came in. They said that they were there and to pick them up. I came in and the glasses were neither my prescription nor the Frames I paid for. The staff was as insulting as they could be, insisting that I was lying and that these were my glas...view moreses. I kept telling them that these were not mine. There was a very elderly lady who I guess was the office manager who kept calling me a liar to my face. I was exasperated, insulted, embarrassed. Every member of the staff agreed with the old woman, that I was wrong they were right. Eventually Optometrist Moiger swaggered out and agreed that these were the glasses I ordered; even though this was the first time I met him. He has another Optometrist on the weekend to see patients. My wife came back Saturday because I was too mad. Well all of the sudden they found my glasses. The lady who waited on me (not the old one) called and apologized so I went in to get the glasses and everyone except the old lady office manager, and Moiger apologized profusely. This was the worst retail experience I have ever had. When I was there nobody including Moiger even checked the records to insure that the glasses they were trying to palm off on me were correct. They are the worst. Go to any other eyeglass place but them!!view less
As stated, it is my review....
The saying is first impression is the lasting impression.
Being a new patient, the welcome mat was not laid out. Not that I wanted the red carpet treatment, but a more friendly atmosphere. The young man at the reception desk did not smile at all when I walked in and made eye contact with him, but he was kinda upbeat; the others in the office walked over me, not saying good afternoon or to ask if I had been helped. Maybe they were having a bad da...view morey....MAYBE.
The conversation did not start flowing until I got ready to spend my money and that is when everyone started to talk.
Now, as for the doctor, he was very kind, courteous, and professional....very informative about the health and care of my eyes.view less