Northside Baptist ChurchAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- ABOUT NORTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH: In the summer of 1939, the First German Baptist Church of Cullman (what is today Seventh Street Baptist Church ) conducted a brush arbor meeting to reach the people of Cullman in a new section of the northwest part of the city. That brush arbor meeting was held on a lot on Brunner Street NW behind Northside's current Education building. On Sunday, August 20, 1939, that brush arbor meeting resulted in the organization of the "Cullman North Side Missionary Baptist Church of Christ" as it was originally named. Twenty-five charter members were received into the membership of the church including one by baptism. The first permanent building was located on Cleveland Avenue NW across the street and to the east of the current sanctuary. Sunday School rooms were later added to the back of that building. church dedicated its second sanctuary in 1954 on Katherine Street NW, the building that is today the fellowship hall. The education building was built in 1967 and the current sanctuary on the corner of Katherine Street and Cleveland Avenue NW was completed and dedicated in 1970. Northside is affiliated with the West Cullman Baptist Association, the Alabama Baptist State Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention. We accept The Baptist Faith and Message approved by messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention in June 2000 as our statement of faith.
- Extra Phones:
Fax Number: (256) 734-8752
- Baptist Churches, Churches & Places of Worship, General Baptist Churches