Maley-Yarbrough Funeral Home IncAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Maley Funeral Home dates back to 1890 as doing business in Covington, and the greater Tipton County area. It was established by the late Robert S. Maley for whom the business is named. Maley erected a building on East Liberty Street, on the Historic Covington Court Square, in 1923. This location remained the home of operation until it moved to the currently location in 1976. William Robert Eckford and John T. Eckford assumed ownership of the business in 1933 upon the death of Mr. Maley (Mr. Maley is buried at the R.H. Munford Cemetery here in Covington.) The Eckfords operated and managed the business until Sept, 1970, when Landon B. Yarbrough purchased the concern. The firm officially added Yarbrough to the name in 1980. Mr. Yarbrough still remains the president/owner of Maley-Yarbrough Funeral Home. Today Mr. Landon's family still strives "To Serve Humanity."
- Transfer of the deceased to the funeral home-Expert preparation and care of the deceased-Listening to the family's preferences-Informing the family of available options-Coordinating plans with clergy and others involved in the service Providing information about caskets, vaults, and other products-Assisting in cemetery arrangements selecting cemetery space opening and closing grave providing tent, chairs, etc., at the graveside For veterans, obtaining and presenting a United States Flag to the family-Composing obituary for newspaper(s)-Contacting casket bearers-Personalizing visitation and service assisting the family with displaying photographs, momentos, etc. Receiving and arranging floral tributes for visitation-Transporting flowers to church, fellowship hall or family home providing all necessary support staff and equipment Arranging cremation, either following visitation and service, or direct cremation-Completing necessary documents report of death, death certificate, stateme nt of death for social security,assist in completing insurance claim forms Assist in pre-planning funerals
- cremation, funerals
- Funerals, Burials, Cremation Services,Funeral Service or Memorial Service Followed by Cremation
- Cemeteries, Funeral Directors, Funeral Supplies & Services, Funeral Information & Advisory Services, Funeral Planning