Pep Boys Auto Parts & Service
- General Info:
- Pep Boys retail and service location offering a wide range of parts, tires and accessories. From parts, tools and garage equipment to electronics and appearance products, it's all available instore or online. Auto repair services are available 7 days, 6 nights a week a week with ASE certified technicians. Tow-to-Pep service available. Go to pepboys.com for appointment scheduling and to shop online.
- Battery Test
- Clutch Replacement
- Engine Repair
- Fluid Exchanges
- Heating & Cooling
- Manufacturer’s Scheduled Maintenance
- Oil Changes
- Seasonal Prep Packages
- State Inspections (by location)
- Steering and Suspension
- Tune-Ups + FREE Services: Battery Installation
- Windshield Wiper Replacement
- AC Delco, Actron, AllTrade, ArmorAll, Autolite, BF Goodrich, Bayco, Black & Decker, Black Magic, Bosch, CRC, Castrol, Champion, Chevron, Coleman, Continental, Cooper, Dayco, DeWalt, Eagle One, Fram, Goodyear, Gumout, Gunk, Hankook, Haynes, K&N, Kawasaki, Lucas, Meguiars, Michelin, Mobil, Monroe, Mothers, NGK, OTC, Peak, Pennzoil, Philips, Powerbuilt, Purolator, Quaker State, RainX, STP, Schumacher, Snap-on, Surf City Garage, Turtle Wax, Valvoline, Walker
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, amex, cash, check, diners club, discover
- Central City
- Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories, Tire Dealers, Automobile Diagnostic Service, Automobile Inspection Stations & Services
Very bad experience. Went in for a basic tire install and alignment. They installed the tires at $10 per tire and $15 per tire to balance them. I also had them diagnose a rattle. I then got a phone call from them saying that my struts and CV Linkages were bad and that they weren't physically able to align my car and that is what was causing the rattle. They wanted to charge me $1,100 to repair those so I opted out of it, skeptical because they were pushing it and explaining that the parts were discounted so I should do it now. Upon taking it to another shop for a second look, they were able to align the car no problem and said the rattle was a bat Cat Converter... will never go to Pep Boys for any vehicle service again. They will lie to you and push you to replace items that do not need replacing.
If you're going to go here be prepared to spend hours there or have someone pick you up even if you do as they suggest & schedule an appt. I went here twice yesterday first time I was told it would be at least 4 hours unless I scheduled an appt which couldn't be scheduled for the same day but they had more techs coming in later so I asked what time they closed & was told 9pm so I went back at about 7pm again asked for an oil change only to be told they wouldn't be able to touch that today. I scheduled appt for the next day at 1pm I showed up 20 mins early & they still didn't so so much as move my car until about 2:30!!! I was finally out of there by 3pm!!!! I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind their appt scheduling if you're still going to have to be there waiting for service for several hours!!! Very frustrated with the wait time at this place!!!