I just left the office on Staples. While the front office staff was wonderful the Dr was every rude with me. I suffer from a few different mental illnesses including PTSD and he didn't care. My vision was 20/20 but that if I need glasses to read to just go to the dime store and get a pair of reading glasses. I left in tears and made me very confused and scared. This man I saw does not understand how to deal with patients that are mentally ill. I wouldn't recommend him at all.
Coastal, Bend Eye Center & Ambulatory Surgical Center
- General Info:
- Coastal Bend Eye Center & Ambulatory Surgical Center Has Been Serving the Coastal Bend "Since 1971" *Most Insurance Accepted *Medicare *Medicaid *Major Credit Cards Accepted *By Appointment Only
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (361) 888-4288
TollFree: (800) 992-1902
- Specializing in disease & surgery of the eye, and including eye cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic complications, and pterygim. Dr. Cheryl Chick specializes in contact lenses. Services are also offered at our offices located in Corpus Christi at 900 Morgan Ave and 1521 South Staples Medical Tower Corpus Christi. Three branch offices in Kingsville, Aranasas Pass, and Beeville.
- botox, contact lenses
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, check, financing available, insurance
- Services are also offered at our offices located in Corpus Christi at 900 Morgan Ave and 1521 South Staples Medical Tower Corpus Christi. Three branch offices in Kingsville, Aranasas Pass, and Beeville.
- Downtown Corpus Christi, Central City
- Emergency Service Appointments Available
- English, Spanish
For Profit Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Physicians & Surgeons, Laser Surgery, Medical Clinics, Laser Vision Correction, Optical Goods, Optometrists, Physicians & Surgeons, Ophthalmology, Physicians & Surgeons, Surgery-General, Physicians & Surgeons
- Other Information:
I have been a patient here for many years. The staff are very friendly and I have liked the doctors I have seen. They recently added an optical shop. Mr. Layton sold me the best pair of eyeglasses I have ever had. Its amazing what a difference a well fitting frame and nice lenses do for your vision.
I was working and a some metal debris got embed in my left eye. I did not get it looked at right away. when I saw the doctor, she did an excellent job removing the metal and removing rust from my eye. Very knowledgeable doctor and staff. My doctor saw me right away, when finished she gave me a contact lens to protect my eye and allow me to keep working. If you want the best and very short wait times, this is where to go.
I got a very thorough eye exam. Past trauma to one eye and multiple surgeries later, I need a higher level of care than I used to. On my first visit I was treated respectfully and received excellent care. All of my questions were answered and the staff were friendly. My only suggestion for improvement was that none of the staff -- not even the doctor -- actually introduced themselves to me and told me their names or roles. I had to ask who they were. Small to be sure in light of the great care I got otherwise, but I think it is important. Based on my experience I would recommend this center without reservation.