Plank's Cafe & Pizzeria on Parsons
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- Business History
- Our history begins in 1939. Plank's Cafe, 743 Parsons Ave., was founded long before there was such an area known as German Village, which is the historic area south of downtown Columbus where we are located. The founder, Walter Plank, saw an opportunity after Prohibition and he ran with it. Plank's son, the late Walter Plank Jr., eventually took over from his father and ushered the cafe into the next era. Today, the third generation of Planks - brothers Tom and John, and sister Mary - keep the faith of this true community gathering place. Plank's Cafe continues to build on its legacy as a destination eatery for the many downtowners who love the cafe's noon-time spreads.
- * Restaurants, Pizza
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, mastercard, all major credit cards
- German Village
- Schumacher Place, South Columbus
- Banquet rooms are available for private parties, with seating for 40-80 people. There is plenty of free parking available and we also have WiFi!!!
- Pizza, Take Out Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Price Range : Below Average
03/26/2011Provided by Citysearch -
3 times ive been here. sucked every time. food/cook was sloooow everytime. german potato salad is the nastiest ish ever! fish sucks. service...eh, if you wanna call it that. either im an a-hole of epic proportions...OR...they are consistantly service retarded. never had the pizza though. people swear its ""the best"". ill go back once more to try the pizza.
12/16/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Ordered two large pizzas for delivery downtown - gave a phone number to call when they arrived. We had to call looking for our pizza. Said they couldn't find the place and we had given them the wrong number (really? you didn't write it down wrong, maybe?) No offer to correct the situation - so not a fan of the service
06/30/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Unfortunately, the pizza is relatively good. However, the entire restaurant sucks in general. I work in the ER at a local hospital. We called in over 10 orders for well over $120. When they delivered the pizza (which took an hour and a half!) we discovered they charged every individual order a $2.00 delivery charge. I called the restaurant and they said that was customary - even though every order went to the exact same place with the money ready at the front door when the delivery guy got there.
Then we found out that the delivery guy does not get any of the delivery charge Plank's rips off of it's customers.
Because of their ethical behaviors, I will never order from Planks again. Much better pizza around town where the joint doesn't rip you off after already charging you too much for what you get!!!
I LOVE Plank's pizza.It's yum yum, sugar dough crust is amazing. But it doesn't take away from the fact that our waitress was very rude. Not only was she rude but she had bad hygiene, greasy hair, odor, bad teeth, overweight . I was scared her tooth would end up in my food. If I recall I think her name was Roz. All I know is that I will never bring my family back there with her lousy attitude and vulgar language. Oh and also the beer is over priced and so is the soda, they charge for refills.
12/19/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Fresh ingredients, great meats and a sweet crust/sauce(I don't know which it is that's sweet). Their pizza is the best in Downtown Columbus. If you're a buckeye fan, you have to go atleast once. You'll most likely go back too. I try to pick one up atleast once a month and it's a 20-30 min drive for me to get it. Well worth it though. The sweetness of the crust/sauce combined with the spiciness of their pepperoni and sausage is awesome. If you're looking for a place to get some pizza while you're down there for a game or event, make it a stop.