Let me start by saying that this place is TERRIBLE. I BOOKED a king room..like that one pictured above this review. I arrived earlier than checkout time. Aliyah was the name of the front desk attendent that checked me in. She was very sweet and kind to me. I thought everything would be awesome from here. However the nightmare insued after going down a maze of hallways that smelt of pork (BACON THE WHOLE FIRST FLOOR A... view moreT 2:45 ON A THURDAY AFTERNOOON) and climbing steep flights of stairs (getting nice and sweaty before my presentation no elevator) and passing the unsavory characters wandering the halls dragging my luggage that is easily 2xs my size... The Nightmare Continues... I accessed the room and it was a double. It had the flast screen as advertised but the big comfy leather chair nowhere to be found. There was a little plastic chair in the corner WTF! I immediately dialed zero. The manager Bill Tinney was on the line assuring me that he would fix it. Back down the flights of stairs to the BACON MAZE (i do not eat pork) past the drug dealers serving the obvi crackhead in the stairway clutching my purse and rolling this luggage. Really dripping sweat. The unsavory keep asking me am I okay and where is my man to get the bag? OMG...Im gonna lose it and cry. I get to the desk. Me: I am sorry to bother you with this. But I have a big presentation and lots of homework to do. I may be staying here a while and I just want the room in this picture (II show him my hotel confirmation with the picture). I really want the Big Chair to do my papers in. I just want a nice room like this one. I must have looked pitiful. Bill Tinney: Okay. Im gonna take care of it. Here you are. (hands me the keys to 2042) Down a different hall trying to go around the unsavor characters that roam the halls, and they are doing RENOVATIONS. i SAW NO SIGNS THATS SAY "PLEASE EXCUSE OUR DUST" No postings letting you know they are fixing the pace up or wet pait signs where there are painters currently painting! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Me and my bags turn around back down the long hallway..past the unsavory characters and down the bacon hallway. Up the flight of stairs...down another maze. past the homeless man by the banquet rooms. down some incviently placed steps. to the room...Insert the key. THERE IS A FLOOR MODEL ZENITH SITTING INFRONT OF WHERE THE FLATSCREEN WAS. They gave me the room that had been jacked! This is a joke. I dial zero and i get a Front desk attendent named Tia. Me: Hi Tia. I am sorry to bother you but this is my 2nd room and its still not right. Can I please talk to Bill The Manager? Tia: In her most Ghetto and Disgusted voice. HE IS UNAVAILABLE WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU? Me: This is my second room and it has a big Zenith in it. I just want the room in the picture. I am so tired I dont want to argue with this lady and she is obviosly not estatic to be there either. Tia: I can call you back in a little to see what we can do after a while, everyone is busy. WHAT? "after a while?" i HAVE BEEN DOWN THERE 2TIMES I paid my money and been oput through this mess. Its living dead down there, Me: I just want moved to a nice room. Tia: We are busy. Me: I will just come back down. Click. THIS PLACE TREATED ME LIKE CRAP! DO NOT WASTE UR TIME ON THESE HOODLUMS!Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus NorthAdd to mybook
Secure online booking with Expedia Affliate Network Call 866-761-3335 to book by phone
The room rates listed are double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
Open 24 Hours
- General Info:
- Best Western International Inc. is The World's Biggest Hotel Family with 4,000* independently owned and operated hotels. Based in Phoenix, Ariz., Best Western employs 1,190 people and offers more than 300,000 quality guest rooms located in 90* countries and territories throughout the world. All Best Westerns around the globe provide a guaranteed standard of 17 (14 internationally) of the most frequently requested guest amenities and services. They include: free high-speed Internet access, continental or hot breakfast, free local phone calls (up to 30 minutes) and long distance access, data port connections in all guest rooms, iron and ironing boards, hair dryers, coffee/tea makers in all rooms, 50 percent designated non-smoking rooms (20 percent international), complimentary toiletries available upon request (razors, toothpaste, shaving cream, sewing kits), bottled or canned water available on-site, photo copies available on-site during business hours, king-sized beds in a minimum of 10 percent of rooms (queen-size bed international), clock in all guest rooms, in-room music, upgraded shampoo size and at least one English speaking TV channel at international locations. All Best Western hotels in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean offer free high-speed Internet access to guests. *Numbers are approximate and can fluctuate.
- Extra Phones:
Reservations: (877) 722-3422
- High Speed
- Best Western
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, diners club
- With a stay at Best Western Plus Columbus North in Columbus (North Columbus), you'll be close to Sharon Woods Park. This hotel is within the vicinity of Westerville Mini-Golf and Whetstone Park.
- Lodging, Motels, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Corporate Lodging, Meeting & Event Planning Services
Let me start by saying that this place is TERRIBLE. I BOOKED a king room..like that one pictured above this review. I arrived earlier than checkout time. Aliyah was the name of the front desk attendent that checked me in. She was very sweet and kind to me. I thought everything would be awesome from here. However the nightmare insued after going down a maze of hallways that smelt of pork (BACON THE WHOLE FIRST FLOOR A... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse