I would entrust my dog, and anyone else's, to Columbia Mountain Kennels, without question. They treat their dogs the way the treat their children- and they treat your dog the way they treat theirs. And their dogs are the happiest and best-trained bunch you'll ever meet. I know that I could leave my dog with them for a day or for a month, and that he would be an honorary member of their family for the entire time. I c... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Columbia Mountain KennelsAdd to mybook
- Discounts for military, SD6 employees, and KRMC employees. Our facility focuses on providing a safe, calm, enjoyable environment as much like home as possible.
- Payment method:
- check, cash, visa, master card, amex, discover
- Located 15 minutes from Glacier International Airport and 15 minutes from the West Glacier entrance into Glacier National Park.
- Separate play yards for size/temperament/age, etc. Climate-controlled indoor kennels Multiple turnout and feeding times per day Personal attention and belly rubs No extra charge for special needs such as medication administration, bandage change, etc No extra charge for intact dogs No hidden fees or piecemeal charges! Set hours for dropoff/pickup and tours in order to maintain as calm an environment as possible Your dog will be cared for as one of our own.
- Dog Day Care, Kennels, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Services
If you care about your pets well being, DO NOT leave them at Columbia Mountain Kennels. I left my 3 year old black lab there for three nights over a long week end. The rate of $20/night seemed a little steep but I figured my dog was worth it. On Sunday afternoon, I received a phone call that my dog "was with another dog, caught a tooth, and was going to need stitches." After she had been taken to the vet, I inqui... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Thank you, Nick, for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate the chance to do two things: 1) state the facts of this particular incident accurately and 2) address the general issue of risk. In regards to your complaint, the dogs were indeed under supervision at the time of the incident and were separated within seconds. Your dog was not attacked but was, rather, a willing participant. Their eyes met and they both went for each other at the same moment. Dogs often do that when socializing, usually without injury; however, in your dog's case the tooth of the other dog caught in her armpit as she pulled back, creating the less than 1.5 inch laceration. We agree the vet bill for four sutures was exorbitant, and, knowing money was tight for you, that is why we waived your boarding fee although our boarding agreement that you signed states that we have the right to charge our regular fee in this kind of situation. This leads to the issue of risk. It is a fact of nature that any time more than one dog is in a yard there is an inherent risk of an altercation, no matter the personality of the dogs, how long they have known each other, etc. Even dogs who live together can get into nasty fights requiring visits to the vet. For dog owners who choose to not accept the inherent risk of interaction between dogs, there are several options for when they need to leave their dog behind. One is to find a boarding facility that does not allow the dogs to socialize. This type of place has a kennel with a small attached run, in which the dog is completely isolated for his entire stay. Another option is to hire a petsitter to come to the home. Both these options are very viable and have dependable people in the industry. These dog owners should also avoid places where dogs run off leash, such as a dog park, as an incident can happen quicker than a blink. Thanks again for posting your opinion. We hope you find a place that you are comfortable leaving Haley.
Your search for your pet's home-away-from-home ends here. Columbia Mountain Kennels provides *hands down* the absolute best care, best service and the best overall experience for both you and your pet. I am beyond pleased that I chose CMK….it's the "last best kennel" in the "last best place!" I won't go anywhere else. Thank you!!!Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse