- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Waveland Bowl has been Chicago's best family owned bowling alley for nearly 60 years. Family and friends are welcomed at our bowling center that offers more than just a fun night of bowling. Waveland offers a billiards and arcade that will entertain all members of your party, as well as great food and drinks at our snack bar. We also can handle your next birthday party for any age, as well as your company's team building event in a stress free environment. Come visit us at Waveland Bowl to enjoy a fun filled night out.
- Automatic Scoring
- Business Functions
- Corporate Services
- Cosmic Bowling
- Payment method:
- cash, all major credit cards, amex, master card, visa, debit
- Horner Park, North Side, North Center
- Bowling, Pool Halls, Children's Party Planning & Entertainment, Meeting & Event Planning Services, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Recreation Centers, Party Planning
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
Outdoor Seating: No
Specialties: Cosmic Bowling, Glow Bowling, Atomic Bowling, Birthday Parties, Laser Bowling, Xtreme, Thunder Alley, Black Lights, Galactic Bowling
04/26/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Bowling is the new Black. While Waveland stays true to their roots, they are constantly searching for the ?it? factor: the newest, hottest, flashiest thing around. Whether it?s decoration or music, Waveland has it.
Because Waveland is such a landmark, be prepared to wait or call ahead to see how busy it is. They do not take reservations, so be prepared to wait in line, deli style. While you wait, grab a bite at Alley Dogs ? which is much more than just dogs. They serve gyros, Mexican food, and even something for the vegetarians! There are two bars at Waveland, both with exceptional service. (Chris waited on us. Nice guy.)
Did I mention they have pool? These pool tables are incredible! Whether or not you?re actually going to Waveland to bowl or not, you must stop in and see these tables. I have never seen anything like it!
The staff is pretty friendly, for the most part. When our ball got stuck because my girlfriend didn?t throw it hard enough, they were happy to assist. Waveland is also clean every single time I am there. The bathrooms and locker room is spotless.
Bowling at Waveland has changed over the years. Recently, they went to an all pre-pay system, and they now charge per hour instead of per game. Either way, it?s still a fantastic deal.
Have kids? They practically entertain themselves at my daughter?s favorite Disney Movie Theater, down by lane 40. It?s always locked, I think. The front desk can open it for you.
Does anyone remember the ?old? Waveland? It was rough, and had a bad crowd. Now, they have security (Chicago Police) there every night. They strictly enforce Chicago curfew, which is nice, because after a certain hour, it?s mostly adults. (You know, the mature kind.)
I love Waveland. My parents took me there when I was a child, and now I?m taking my daughter there. Tradition, Waveland Bowl style.
01/06/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Recently visited this place with family and friends, we had a great time. The price is very reasonable if you're willing to put up with minor bowling mechanical issues. The bar and fast food restaurant inside provide the basics. However service can improved, we got an attitude from the front desk and shoe rental. Great parking.
08/02/2003Provided by Citysearch -
Since i'v never been to ne other bowling alley I'm not sure about the prices. I thought that they were reasonable. I didn't think that it was too expensive. the food was kinda expensive though.I mean was only $9 a person for a whole day of fun. You get free sock with ur shoes too! When u get tired of bowling there is even more to do. It's open 24 hrs 365 days too!