First of all let's start with the server who was rude. Then we order drinks that were horrible and we had to send them back and the server acted like she was doing us a favor by taking them off our check. Then we get our pizza and it was the worst pizza I have ever had. I was so disappointed. I will not go back and would not recommend this place to anyone.
Uno Chicago Grill
- General Info:
- Uno Chicago Grill is a full-service restaurant that serves ribs, seafood, burgers, steaks, pasta dishes, appetizers, desserts and Chicago Original Deep Dish Pizza. With a location in Chicago, the restaurant s list of drinks features more than 10 wines and frozen, mixed and nonalcoholic specialties. The restaurant serves more than 780,000 pounds of pasta annually. Its menu is multilingual and is published in English, Spanish, Korean, Arabic and Braille. It offers various appetizers, such as chicken thumbs, The Chi-Town Tasting Plate, and Buffalo wings and bites. Established in 1943, the restaurant offers deep-dish pizzas, including Numero Uno, Shroom, Spinoccoli, Bianco, Prima Pepperoni and Farmer s Market varieties. Uno Chicago Grill also serves veggie and Philly burgers, as well as crispy chipotle chicken and grilled chicken sandwiches. It additionally offers gift cards and certificates that are redeemable for food and beverages. Uno Chicago Grill is a part of Uno Restaurant Holdings Corporation, which franchises and operates more than 200 restaurants. The restaurant supports various community organizations and conducts the Dough Rai$ers program, which is designed to raise funds for schools, sports teams, churches, national associations, scout troops, charitable causes, hospitals and local fundraisers. Its Uno s School Partners Program offers opportunities to preschools and elementary, middle and high schools to partner up with restaurants to raise money, reward students and enjoy a variety of dishes.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (312) 943-4044
Primary Phone: (312) 943-4044
Fax: (312) 254-0390
Fax Number: (312) 943-1995
- Absolut, Budweiser, Captain Morgan, Coors, Corona, Heineken, Lipton, Miller, Mugg, Pepsi, Rice, Samuel Adams, Sierra Mist, Smirnoff
- Payment method:
- visa, master card, diners club, discover, all major credit cards, amex
- Central Chicago, Near North Side
Pizzeria Uno Corporation
Uno Pizzeria & Grill
- Pizza, Italian Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Street, Validated
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Italian, European, Continental, Pizza, Omelets
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Specialties: Smoothies, Italian, Dishes, Wine
Price Range : Average
Let's just get to the point and skip the details like how we waited 45 minutes for this travesty to be served on plastic plates I wouldn't feed my cat on:
The cheese is like rubber, I've made better crust out of a chef boyardee box, and the sauce tasted like it was four days old. Our party of four could not even finish half a large pizza and I forced myself to eat about half a piece, most of it was the rubber they might call cheese.
Service was flaky and everyone has an apologet...view moreic look on their face.view less
i have been eating Due's pizza since i 1973 it's alwaws been the best in the city i have introduced many friends and family to their pizza ,but in the last two years im sad to say its been down hill first the crust was changed then the format its just not the same,please go back to the original recipe before its to late.im starting to look for another pizza home
We've been going to this Chicago icon for over 35 years. It was always a must when friends were in from out of town - show them the birthplace of Chicago deep dish pizza.
Since the restaurants (Uno's & Due's) were sold, it has been a downhill spiral of increasingly inferior pizza. After taking a friend from Sweden there yesterday, I must say it is now also the grave of the former wonderful deep dish pie. The only thing that links it to its former wonder is the cardboard box for left...view moreovers. (There were plenty!)
The pizza is dry, thinner than it used to be and considerably less cheese is used in its construction. Granted the former pie was a dieter's demise - but then you didn't eat it everyday.
We're going to have to find a new pizza place and when friend's ask about that great Chicago deep dish pizza, we'll have to answer ""Sadly, it is no more.""view less
I saw the line outside and thought we'd wait forever, but my boyfriend and I were seated quickly since it was only 2 people. They took our pizza order before hand (four cheese and pesto), so they could start cooking it before we sat down. The raspberry iced tea actually tasted freshly brewed, and the soup we ordered was delicious. Then we waited...and waited. We were told ours wouldn't take as long since it was just cheese, but the table next to us got theirs first. They were seated pr...view moreobably 20 minutes after we were. I was a little upset but not too worried. The pizza finally came, and it looked really good. The cheese and pesto sauce were awesome, but the crust wasn't what i expected. It was decent, but it wasn't anything amazing. I was a little dissapointed since I'd seen so many people walking around with boxes from that place. I thought it would be a little better. Oh well. Not a bad place to try though.view less
Pizzeria Due is the just around the corner from its older brother, Pizzeria Uno, and it's just as good, if not a little better when you consider Pizzeria Due is larger with a little more legroom. Of course, the deep-dish recipe at Pizzeria Uno is unique to Pizzeria Uno, but I can't imagine what minor tweak to Pizzeria Due's recipe could be, as both are simply the best deep-dish in Chicago, in the Midwest, in the country... period. If you've never been, please don't get turned off by...view more the 45-minute to hourlong wait... That's just how long it takes to cook your pizza!view less
This is one my favorite places to go for Chicago Deep Dish! The restaurant has alot of character and the wait staff is great, the only reason it's not exceptional is because it takes forever to get a seat sometimes. I really enjoy the pizza the taste is awesome! I would recomend getting the Numero Uno or the Farmer's Market! Those are my personal favorites!
Being a tourist, I couldn't go to Chicago and not have a deep dish pizza. My friend and I were sat immediately (it was a Monday night) and waited 25 minutes just to order our drink. We knew it was going to be a long wait. I ordered a salad that was supposed to be brought before the meal and the waitress forgot., but I couldn't ask again, because she never returned to the table after taking our order. She told us the deep dish takes 45 mins, which we were okay with, but she could have r...view moreeturned to see if we needed a refill or anything. \r
We finally got our food (not prepared the way we asked) and it was just okay - nothing to write home about. We proceeded to wait another 25 minutes to have someone clear our plates and another 15 mins for our check. \r
While I know that Pizzeria Due is the first Pizzeria Uno, I was disappointed to see that there was Uno stuff there. It made the experience seem like I was visiting just another chain. I was looking for the original. Next time I would go to a family owned place instead to have the experience.view less