The Spice House
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Exquisite Spice and Seasonings: We are merchants of the highest quality, hand-selected and hand-prepared spice and herbs. Visit our web site, where you can shop online, buy gifts, learn about the history and lots of spices, and share your spice and food knowledge in our forums and online recipe collection. Please come to one of our 5 locations to see us today!
- Gift Certificates
- Payment method:
- amex, check, discover, master card, visa, debit
- Central Chicago, Near North Side, Old Town
- Spices, Grocery Stores, Food Products
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price Range : Average
05/22/2008Provided by Citysearch -
You can smell this store long before you get to the door. There are so many spices to choose from, at reasonable prices. The staff is very friendly and ready to help you with picking out your spices. I just tried one a couple nights ago. It was amazing. I am so excited to try the other new spices I bought. I really wish we had a similar store where I live. If you are into baking or cooking, this store is somewhere you want to go, even if it is out of the way. When I go back to Chicago, this is one place I will definitely visit again.
08/13/2002Provided by Citysearch -
The best thing about the spice house is the variety of spices from everywhere on earth; labels even tell you where that particular spice is from and gives ideas about how it can be used. No, wait, the best thing about the spice house is that the prices are very reasonable No, wait, the best thing about the spice house is that the employees are friendly and knowledgeable,and very patient. With that many spices it is hard to make up ones mind about what and how much to buy. The staff understands that and just lets you ""check it out"". That's a lot of best things about one store, but that what makes this one of the best stores I have visited in a long time. I can't think of any cons, except that I never take enough money with me to buy everything I want.
06/21/2002Provided by Citysearch -
The aroma from this homey little shop is almost overwhelming when you walk in the door, but it's a welcoming smell. They have all sorts of spices and herbs that are not readily available in every grocery store--plus you can buy smaller amounts than what you might get at a grocery store. I love the gift boxes. It's a terrific place to find unique gifts for the baker or cook in your life.