Portage Park Animal Hospital & Dental Clinic
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- At Portage Park Animal Hospital & Dental Clinic we provide state of the art, up-to-date care for your pets. Our high standards apply to every aspect of our organization including the experience and training of our professional staff and our modern veterinary facilities. Our hospital includes: • Up-to-date surgical facilities • Modern anesthetic techniques • ECG patient monitoring • Soft tissue and elective surgeries • Limited orthopedic procedures • Full-service dental clinic • Pet chiropractic services We are equipped to handle intensive care as well. Our in-house laboratory facilities include serum chemistry, hematology, FELV/FIV, heartworm antigen and parasite testing capabilities. With our regular wellness health program for puppies and kittens, you can rest assured that your pet will get the best of care for a full healthy life. We also offer packages for senior pets. Emergency care and microchipping are available. We're open six days a week with extended hours for your convenience. Call us today!
- Pet Insurance|Diagnostic Testing|Euthanasia|Lab Testing|Hospital Services|Microchip Identification|Radiology|Spaying & Neutering|Surgery|Vaccinations|Dental Care|Preventive Care|Pet Pharmacies|Cat Veterinarians|Dog Veterinarians|Veterinary Clinics
- advantage, wellness
- Payment method:
- financing available, mastercard, cash, check, visa, amex, discover
- Northwest Side, Portage Park
- Polish, Spanish
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Specialty Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarian Emergency Services
- Other Information:
09/02/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I am writing to let you know how GREAT Portage Park is. Pam, who has been there for over 20+ years is great and knows everyone. In fact everyone there is wonderful. My owners have brought me here since I was a kitten. They are always kind and gentle. A few weeks ago, they discovered I had cancer and my chances were very slim that I would survive surgery. I was 14 years old (and 90+ in human years). They did some tests and a few procedures that I did not care for, but they were to help diagnosis me. They found out that I had cancer and that my chances were slim that I would survive surgery. They left it up to my owners to make the decision. So, even though I was in pain, I waited until I knew my parents were ready. It didn't take they too long to know that I wasn't getting any better and that it was time. Today, they took such good care of them, helping them through the process of letting me go. They held me for as long as they wanted to, and they talked to me while I drifted off to sleep. I could see them from Heaven that they were really sad that I was not there anymore, but also they were glad that I was no longer in pain. Portage Park physicians, Dr. Olson, was mine, and her caring and thoughtful staff, made the process from earth to Heaven peaceful. So since this is my first day in Heaven, I need to explore, My owners parents were they to greet me and to show me around, and my owner's first cat, muffin, was also there. Portage Park is the cat's meow.
This is a first rate establishment. The facility is clean and state of the art. The hours are really flexible and the staff actually cares about the animals. Dr. Schrock is awesome and the rest of the vets really make you feel at ease. I have used many vets in my life and this is the best by far. They will do whatever they can to accommodate you and if it is an emergency situation they are very efficient and will get the pet in right away. I highly recommend this place and I know you will be happy with it! If you have a puppy or kitten make sure to take advantage of the wellness program because you get a discount on the services. Also, we had our puppy neutered the laser surgery way and he was totally fine within a couple of hours after surgery. Its really worth the extra money.
08/28/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I have been going to Portage Park Animal Hospital for over 12 years and I don't think I would ever go anywhere else. My wonderful friend Tyler who passed away a few weeks ago went to Portage Park for 12 years and I feel he was wonderfully taken care of. Are they the least expensive vet in Chicago, no, but as mother always says ""many times you get what you pay for"" I really feel in this case it is very true and a good value for the great care you recieve. The vets, assistants, and techs you can tell just really love animals and they are organized and professional. I have lived in many areas of the City from Rogers Park to the Gold Coast to Old Edgebrook and It doesn't matter how far I have to travel to take by best friend there. I recently abopted a new friend (Siberian Husky in the picture to left) and I am very confident in the care and looking forward to taking him to Portage Park Animal Hospital.