- General Info:
- Jewel-Osco, located on North Ashland Avenue in Chicago, is one of more than 200 Jewel-Osco food and drug retail stores in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin. The store offers a variety of retail bakery, deli, dairy, meat, general grocery, seafood, health and beauty and pharmacy items. It also offers customers specialty services, including film developing, postage and lottery tickets. Jewel-Osco is the Midwest Division of Albertsons, which is located in Boise, Idaho. In January, 2006, Albertsons was sold to Supervalu, a Minneapolis-based supermarket chain that ranks as one of the largest grocery retailers in the United States.
- Commodes, Urinals, & Bedpans
- Blood Glucose Monitors & Supplies: n-Mail Order
- Heat & Cold Applications
- Canes & Crutches
- Orthoses: Off-the-Shelf
- Ostomy Supplies
- Urological Supplies
- Nebulizer Equipment & Supplies
- Surgical Dressings
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, amex, discover, master card, visa
- Ashland-Wellington Plz
- North Side, Lakeview
- Grocery Stores, Supermarkets & Super Stores
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
I used to go here all the time and the staff was very efficient, however, in the last 3 months I had to go back 3 times to get all the pills for a fairly common prescription that I take monthly. The first time they said they didn't have enough of the medication to give me a full 30 days and so gave me 6 tablets. They said the rest would be ready in 4-5 days.
Then when I went back to pick up the other 24 tablets they said they didn't have them and gave me 4 more tablets and said to come back in 2 or 3 days. This was ridiculous. I switched to the Osco on Paulina and have had better luck with them having the full prescription each time and not having to stop by every 2 or 3 days. They didn't have really good excuse except that they don't keep many of these on hand and didn't really apologize adequately for the inconvenience, nor did they offer to deliver the last batch to make up for all of my trips to the pharmacy.
On 9-17-07 I georgene sweeney had several perscriptions filled at the location. one being tussionex pennkinetic surp. I was give enough for 3 doses, I called 9-18-07 and was informed that they could not get this perscription filled for another day. i then ask that this be tranfered to my regular Osco they were abble to fill it but all informed me that this medicin needed peraproval...I fine this to be unsatifactory service since i could of had 2 day start on getting the aproval or having my doctor perscibe a differnt medication