Need help finding and paying for child care?
Illinois Action for Children?s outreach and work with low-income, hard-to-reach families, has lead us to research and implement highly effective and innovative programs and advocacy to ensure that early care and education, and other opportunities, are accessible to the children most in need.
Illinois Action for Children proudly works with communities, employers, and legislators to create systems of early care and education that help strengthen families and communities.
What we do:
• Public policy and advocacy organizing to expand access to child care and early education, and other supports
• Early learning programs to make early education available to young children so they will be ready to succeed when they start school
• Resource and referral program to connect providers, parents, and employers with resources such as child care referrals, professional development, health services and community supports
• Administers the Illinois Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for Cook County, helping over 50,000 families pay for child care each month
• Trains almost 19,000 child care providers each year
• Provides child care referrals for over 20,000 children per year including almost 1,000 children of teenage and foster parents
• Connects thousands of underserved children with literacy, mental health, and nutrition resources