Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Secure online booking with Expedia Affliate Network Call 866-761-3335 to book by phone
The room rates listed are double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Located in the heart of Printer's Row in the 500 block of Chicago’s South Dearborn Street, Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member hotel is steps from attractions that include Grant Park, The Art Institute, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, Union Station and more. With Hotel Blake being centrally located in the heart of downtown Chicago, you'll find yourself within minutes from Chicago's top sights and attractions. Chicago’s culture also comes alive at area landmarks like Soldier Field, the United Center and shopper’s paradise Michigan Avenue. At the hotel, unwind at Meli Café and restaurant and stop by Bar Blake, our inviting lobby bar. Additional amenities include free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, upgraded room amenities and more. All guest rooms at this non-smoking hotel are pet-friendly and include a coffee maker and rain showers. Some rooms feature a living room, hair dryer and work area. We offer 2,200 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 80 people for banquets and conferences. A business center is available.
- Non Smoking Facility
- Property Amenities:
- 24-hour Front Desk
- 24-hour Fitness Facilities
- 24-hour Business Center
- Room Amenities:
- In-room safe
- Cribs/Infant Beds Available
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Ascend Collection
- Payment method:
- diners club, amex, discover, travelers checks, visa, mastercard
- A stay at Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member places you in the heart of Chicago, walking distance from Old Colony Building and Harold Washington Library Center. This romantic hotel is close to Willis Tower and Skydeck Ledge.
- Printer's Row, Central Chicago, South Loop
- Hotels, Lodging, Resorts, Motels, Bed & Breakfast & Inns, Corporate Lodging
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Property Amenities: Multilingual staff, Express check-in, Breakfast available (surcharge), Elevator/lift, Express check-out, Safe-deposit box at front desk, Porter/bellhop, Bar/lounge, 24-hour business center, 24-hour front desk, Restaurant, ATM/banking, Meeting rooms, Limo or Town Car service available, Concierge services, 24-hour fitness facilities, Free wired high-speed Internet, Luggage storage, Dry cleaning/laundry service
Room Amenities: Daily housekeeping, iPod docking station, Shower/tub combination, Private bathroom, Phone, Hair dryer, Designer toiletries, Blackout drapes/curtains, Rainfall showerhead, Hypo-allergenic bedding available, Flat-panel TV, Bathrobes, In-room massage available, Egyptian-cotton sheets, Pillowtop mattress, Iron/ironing board, Cable TV service, Desk, Connecting/adjoining rooms available, Cribs/infant beds available, Coffee/tea maker, Premium TV channels, In-room safe
Posted: 9/2/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I was relocating back to Chicago and needed a place to live while hunting for a loft with my agent. They were more than accommodating with a rate for long term stay. Every wish was granted. The management is incredible. The staff and front desk is equally as amazing. I felt at home and was treated like so. I would go back west on the weekends and they would reserve my room for my sunday return so that I had some consistency in living in Chicago. Ive stayed at a Ritz Carlton property many times many locations and this was like a mini Ritz to me. I have referred friends who have come to town and they were so pleased and experienced the same type of stay as my six month stay. They have also re-booked each time they have visited our great city! I love this place and would NEVER stay anywhere else and will continue to refer and refer.
I don't recommend, they had problems with our room, I booked on hotels.com for two doubles and they gave me two singles took a day to get an extra bed. They charged us twice on check out, still not settled, a pain dealing with, although staff was nice. Nice location
Posted: 4/22/2008Provided by Citysearch -
THIS HOTEL IS NOW the BLAKE. It hasn't been the HYATT for a few years.
Room was spacious, clean & nice decor. It could use more lighting.
Free WiFi a Plus.
Staff was Friendly..but knew little about the area..I learned more about ""whats in area"" on the internet.
Hotel doesn't have a ""real"" concierge.
Hotel advertises ""Robes & Newspaper provided""..I didn't see them??
No turn down service offered.
Guest Elevator didn't always work. Would have to use Service Elevator .
Across the street is Subway , Taco Bell & Starbucks.
We liked the ""PotBellys"" right next door. Great Food for quick affordable lunch , breakfast or Smoothies!
We Picked this Hotel for the online price rate and location. It's not far from La Salle Bank Theater and Art Museum.
Would stay here again. Although, next time we'll try another hotel; to see if they deliver all they promise.
Posted: 3/13/2007Provided by Citysearch -
We booked for an in-town anniversary weekend. We were very excited as the place looks phenomenal on the website. The room we were checked into was a disaster. It had been cleaned, but obviously needed to be worked over by engineering. It looked like there had been a party in the room. Pillows were torn. The toilet paper dispense and one of the fire sprinklers were missing. The drapes were half off the track. The front desk staff was very accomodating and moved us immediately to another room. The new room was beautiful, though there is almost no storage space other than the closet. On the second night, we were awoken by a loud party in the next room which spilled out into the hall. We called down to the front desk. Someone came up to quiet the party, but it started again soon after, so there was obviously no follow through by security. When we spoke with the front desk upon check-out, we were told that there is no manager on duty on the weekends, but she would have a manager contact us first thing on Monday. We're still waiting for the call.
The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very polite. However, while they bill themselves as a classy boutique hotel, Hotel Blake is catering to a party crowd. Do not book there if you want a romantic, relaxing weekend.
Posted: 3/12/2006Provided by Citysearch -
We were visiting Chicago for the weekend and were not expecting much out of the hotel, but when we got there we were pleasantly surprised by the great location and beatiful rooms. The computers were down for the weekend, but the staff still handled everything smoothly. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!
Posted: 7/23/2002Provided by Citysearch -
If you are a tourist and want ot stay in the heart of Chicago, this is an excellent choice. Although there is not a lake view from the hotel, tourists don't travel somewhere to sit in a hotel room. The amenities are probably spartan compared to some other nearby hotels, but is clean and located close to several attractions as well as the ""El"" which can take you anywhere you wish to go.