Good food and even better service. Food was delicious and worth the extra coin they charge for it. I like the good variety of chicken dishes with pasta. The service is always wonderful and the prices are very reasonable. Great place to stop over and have a great home cooking meal.
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Our family owned-and-operated restaurant has been serving delicious food in the downtown Chicago Loop since 1969. Along with our award-winning Chicago-style deep dish pizza and baby back ribs, our menu features steaks, chops, fresh seafood, and a variety of super salads and sandwiches. Located in the heart of the downtown Chicago Loop, we are within walking distance to theaters, museums, and shopping on Michigan Avenue and State Street. We are centrally located just a few blocks from the Chicago Hilton Towers, The Palmer House, and the Congress Plaza hotels. We're just two miles from the McCormick Place Convention Center and Navy Pier.
- Appetizers|Burgers|Buffalo Wings|Desserts|Pizza|Wines|American Menus|Barbeque Menus|Chicken Menus|Fish & Seafood Menus|International Menus|Italian Menus|Mediterranean Menus|Soups & Salads|Southern & Homestyle Menus|Steaks|Vegetarian Menus|French Menus|Latin American Menus|Catering|Bars|Family Friendly|Parties|Buffet Dining|Delicatessens|Group Dining|Bar & Grills|British Menus|Healthy Menus|Restaurant Menus
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, cash, debit
- Central Chicago, The Loop
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Family: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Burgers, American, Family Style, Hot Dogs, Pizza
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Specialties: American Restaurant, Conventions, American Food, American, Private Functions, Parties
Price Range : Average
Many years back, the Letter Carriers convention delegates stumbled into this fine establishment by chance. Next day, by word of mouth, double the number, by Thursday, we filled the place. My family now stops there on the way to Michigan (twice now) from Texas, just for that great deep dish. Every delegate from everywhere agrees, this is the place. Their own draft ail is also good, but I think, it's the Management that has a staff that ties it all together to make this a place to dr...view moreive hundreds of miles out of the way to get to on your way to anywhere in the Midwest. (P.S. the ribs are also 5 star. Jim from Texas.view less
I first set foot into this pub after our professor invited us to celebrate the end of the Winter quarter. Ever since, I come in whenever I feel like having a quick drink before heading on home for the night. the place itself is decored in displays of the Chicago Bulls and White Sox's Championship memrobelia that cover the walls of the bar area and old historic newspaper front pages all around the restaurant. It's almost a museum telling the history of Chicago while you eat. Ok, ma...view moreybe I'm so clear on the decor. The bar area is small and cramped located at the front of the restaurant while the dining area is wide open spanning 2 rooms. The bar itself is well stocked, but lacks in some well know liquors. The there are several beer drafts to choose from ranging from St. Pauli Girl to Bodington and even their own house beer. They have good deals on pitchers as well. But what makes up for the tight squeeze in the bar area is the food. They have daily specials ranging from fish & chips to Mediterranean style ribs. Not only that, but they have great barbeque ribs, big burgers cooked the way you want, appitizers that will fill you up, and good pizza. The only odd thing, you must pay twice if you sit at the bar (one tab for drinks, the other for food). Who knows why. It's worth the stop after a long day at work or class. Come for the food and drinks, stay and read about the history of Chicago all over the walls.view less
It's been 25 years since I first went to Exchequer. It became my favorite deep dish pizza then and it still is today.
What makes it unique is that the bottom isn't soggy. They cook it a special way so that the crust stays crispy. How many other place's deep dish pizza can you eat with your hands?
The ambiance isn't the greatest but, you'll always find a TV to look. Those in town for a visit that are interested in trying Chicago Pizza should look here as an alternative to ...view moreall the over-hyped places (especially Giordano's).
Go to Uno's or Gino's to say you went but got to Exchequer to really enjoy!!view less