Johnson & Wales UniversityAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for personal and professional success. Our pioneering educational model of combining academics, hands-on training, work experience tied to a field of study, leadership opportunities and career development has made JWU a recognized leader in career education.
JWU’s Charlotte Campus, established in 2004, is a blend of modern and traditional in an intimate university setting. Located in the revitalized uptown business district of “the Queen City,” our fastest-growing campus offers career-focused programs through the College of Business, the College of Culinary Arts and The Hospitality College to more than 2,500 students representing 47 states and 22 countries.
The campus features brand new, state-of-the-art business and culinary facilities, including a technologically-advanced amphitheater and street-front baking and pastry labs where passersby can enjoy the action through floor-length windows.
At JWU, you’re a name, not a number. Our industry-experienced faculty bring real-life experience, hands-on learning and networking opportunities into small classroom settings, where you’ll learn the knowledge and skills which employers have identified as necessary for career success.
You’ll take courses in your major from day one, so you’ll know right away if that field is right for you. Through immersion in industry practices, experiential learning and industry-specific software, we prepare you to both hit the ground running and to realize your long-term career goals.
A dedicated career advisor and faculty advisor will help you develop the best possible career plan to further your goals. And through our specialized career courses, you’ll build your resume showing the areas you’ve mastered, and graduate with work experience that sets you apart from the rest.
Explore JWU, and see how more than 83,000 alumni in 140 countries have launched successful careers.
- Extra Phones:
Campus Safety & Security: (980) 598-1900
Admissions Fax: (980) 598-1111
866-JWU-CHARLOTTE: (866) 598-2427
- Culinary Arts
- Hotel Management
Situated in the center of the New South, Charlotte was recently named the most livable city in America by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and one of the best places to live by Money magazine. The Queen City’s focused growth and southern ambiance is a magnet for the young and talented.
With access to mountains and the ocean, affordable housing, picturesque neighborhoods and idyllic weather, Charlotte offers the best of America’s northern and southern cultures.
- Third Ward, Uptown
Twelve acres and six buildings in Uptown Charlotte including:
- Academic Center: 18 culinary labs, three dining rooms, 23 classrooms, four computer labs, Hance Auditorium, culinary demonstration area, University Events Center, lounges and offices
- Gateway Village: Bookstore, Cyber Lounge, Library, computer lab and offices
- Gateway Center: Eight classrooms, meeting rooms, lounge and offices
- Two suite-style residence halls with 752 beds total, Student Dining Center, game rooms, common rooms, study rooms and offices
- One apartment-style residence hall with 554 beds total, fitness center, game room and offices
- Student Center (under construction): gymnasium, fitness center, aerobic exercise room, multi-purpose room, Clubs & Organizations offices and resource rooms, varsity and general student locker rooms/showers and offices
- Doubletree Hotel (university owned) www.charlottegatewayvillage.doubletree.com
Accreditation and Approvals, Institutional Information
Johnson & Wales University (JWU) is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. This accreditation encompasses the university's four campuses in Providence, R.I.; North Miami, Fla.; Denver, Colo., and Charlotte, N.C. Inquiries regarding JWU's accreditation status should be directed to the University Compliance Office, One Cookson Place, Sixth Floor, Providence, R.I. 02903; or at 401-598-1423. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education New England Association of Schools and Colleges 209 Burlington Road Bedford, MA 01730-1433 617-271-0022 email@example.com
- Schools, Colleges & Universities, Cooking Instruction & Schools, Business & Vocational Schools, Adult Education