I flew from Florida to North Carolina to purchase my vehicle and from start to finish, Emmanuel personally made sure my experience was impeccable. Emmanuel picked me up from the airport and graciously drove me to Independence Mazda to see and purchase my vehicle. Aside from the outstanding price, that got me flying 400+ miles away, the service was exceptional. Emmanuel is truly a dedicated, honest and friendly person that I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase a new or used vehicle. He truly went above and beyond to earn my business and he made my purchase effortless. If you’re looking for a vehicle, give Emmanuel a call and find out how it feels to be treated as a friend and not just a customer.
- BBB Rating:
- Hickory, Harrisburg, Indian Trail, Matthews, Newell, Pineville, Fort Mill, Midland, Monroe, Rock Hill,
- Payment method:
- financing available
- Idlewild South
- New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Mike was extremely helpful and fair. He helped me get a great car for an amazingly fair price. The whole staff was very respectful and honest and really showed that they care about their customers. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for their next vehicle to stop by Independence Mazda for a spin. Thank you guys for a great experience!
Sadly, this is one of the only Mazda dealerships in the Charlotte area.
My wife and I purchased an '09 Mazda 3 5-door Grand Touring from here, but the poor salesmanship almost cost them the deal. Had it not been a dealer trade that they had already located and had delivered, we would have gone to the dealership in Gastonia instead.
Why the experience was so bad:
1) Our car salesman (Wayne) had no clue about anything having to do with the cars. I was having to tell my wife about the options from my online research. Additionally, he didn't listen to us. When we were talking about financing the vehicle, we told the salesman that we were going to put $10K down and then finance what was left. Shortly after the general manager came back to us and told us we couldn't have 2 lienholders on a vehicle, because the salesman had told him we were financing 10K with 1 person and the rest with another. Also, when we were done purchasing the car, and the salesman was saying bye to us, he called us both by the wrong name.
2) Extremely high pressure on getting the deal finished. We were trading in a car, but discovered we hadn't had the new title mailed to us yet from my wife changing her name on it after we got married. After we told them we didn't have the title for the trade-in, they told us they could take care of it. That was after the salesman repeatedly told us to look everywhere for the title, when we'd already informed him that we'd searched for it. (Again, not listening to us).
We had talked to them on the Friday that they had gotten the car delivered, and even though we couldn't get the title stuff taken care of on the weekend, they were pressuring my wife to come in on the Saturday to do some of the stuff while I was at work. Expecting us to drive from Rock Hill, SC on Sat and Monday to take care of things, when we had already told them we'd be in on Monday.
3) Poor attitude from the company. They discovered that they couldn't take care of the trade-in cars title after all, and instead of calling to let us know that they were having difficulties...they called and threatened to take us to court over the trade-in. This is absolutely unsatifactory. All it would have taken is a call letting us know they needed us to get the title for them...instead they threatened us.
4) They charge a $499 documents fee, and they don't do ANYTHING. The last time I purchased a vehicle, the company took care of transfering my tags to the new vehicle I purchased. As well as having me pay my SC Sales Tax at the dealership. (Hunter's Jeep-Chrysler-Subaru on South Blvd.). But with Montgomery Mazda, they did not let us pay the sales tax, or take care of any of the titleing and tag services.