We had a TERRIBLE experience here! We felt as though we had taken our dog into a crappy mechanic and were just being scammed for unnecessary procedures. The only difference between a crappy mechanic and this place though is that they have the ability to play with your emotions and tug on your heart strings. We had to bring our dog in for emergency care late one night. Everyone was really nice to us (the only reason they got 2 starts over 1) but after examining our dog the vet seemed to jump to the worst case scenario conclusions first and then would back track from there. Our normal vet is very conservative and doesn't push to do anything that isn't really necessary. After some initial blood work and other tests that kept coming back negative, the vet seemed convinced that the dog had been poisoned and kept asking us if our neighbors liked our dogs. We were shocked because we knew that none of our neighbors would ever do something like that. After we convinced her that was not a likely scenario she finally moved on. After even more tests and still more negative results they decided to keep our dog overnight and monitor the situation. They then came to the conclusion that she had eaten something and it was obstructing her intestines and needed to be removed surgically immediately…although we were told that even if they did go into surgery she didn’t want to guarantee that she would find anything. I’m sorry, you took x-rays and are trying to tell us that she ate something but now you’re saying you want to go in and cut up our dog to do exploratory surgery and don’t know if you’ll find anything? The vet then told us that her condition had not improved and that our dog was in pain and was suffering and if we waited to do the surgery she could die. After we explained that we couldn’t afford the potential $5000 surgery we were told that there was basically nothing that they could do (this was also after they offered us a medical line of credit). We asked to come back in and see our little dog and honestly with full intentions of having to put her out of this supposed pain and suffering she was in. When we originally took her in she couldn’t stand or hold herself up and when we walked in this morning they brought her in and she was walking around the room and wagging her tail! WHAT?! She looked uncomfortable, sure, but not in this pain and suffering and on her supposed death bed that they were telling us about. We immediately requested that she be discharged and we were taking her home. Again they tried to scare us into letting them keep her and do this surgery and that if we took her home she would die. Well we took her home and she immediately ate and drank water and went outside to the bathroom. She looked uncomfortable for about 24 hours but I’m sure she was also tired and scared from being in the hospital. It is now two days later and she is back to running around like normal and passing normal bowel movements. We will NEVER take our animals here again for anything. It is a big corporate business scam and they just want to overcharge people and scare them into unnecessary treatments. If you have an emergency go to the hospital in Castleton on Bash Rd. instead.