A Plant SchemeAdd to mybook
- General Info:
Landscape Design Specialist with Focused Education & Experience
Suzanne has had a life long love of garden design, attention to detail and creative plant combinations using texture, color and fragrance. She has a Bachelor's degree from Mills College and many courses in landscape design and installation. She attended a program at Cornell University.
Suzanne spent years designing her own and friends' gardens. It was in 1992 that she formed Plant Schemes as a full service landscape design firm focused on listening to and creating gardens for her clientele. She has been a designer of custom gardens for over 19 years. For the past 12 years, she has been a national horticulture judge and a horticultural consultant. Suzanne has been recognized for her work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
If you are just thinking about beginning your landscape project, we can help save you dollars as well as enhance your property values.
- Custom Landscape DesignLighting and Installation22 Years in BusinessWater Efficient Plant Material: California is prone to cyclical droughts. Be prepared and design your garden to maximize it's potential for dry years.
- Consultations and Site Analysis: A consultation is a wonderful way to begin your landscape project. Even though you think that your project is simple and straight forward, our designer's knowledge and skill can turn problems into assets. Enhancing your curb appeal increases your home equity. We will help you define your landscaping needs to enhance the value of your home and increase the enjoyment of your outside spaces. We will design small installations as well as total property transformations.
- Conceptual plans: Conceptual plans are an economical way to envision your new project and to help establish your budget.
- Irrigation & Drainage:We install smart irrigation. Zonal irrigation will save you water and excellent drainage will help ensure that your plants thrive with an efficient use of water.
- Masonry: Our masons work magic with stone, concrete and hardscapes.
- LED Lighting & Moonscaping: Subtle and well placed lighting enhances your garden and allows you to enjoy the view after dark.
- Habitat Gardens-Designed gardens to encourage hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Fences, Trellises and Arbors: Enhance your garden with architectural details.
- Small Garden Design:Small gardens present a wonderful opportunity to create intimate spaces. The homeowners gets to learn every plant and the design can lend itself to viewing a vignette of a harmonious color palette and design. Color can be limited to create small garden cohesion. Cooler colors make the garden look larger and a textural contrast in the foliage will help blend the plant material and garden flow. The small garden can also be designed to create an outdoor room for relaxing and entertaining. A small garden can be a showstopper!
- Pet Friendly Gardens: Consider the breed of your dog and design accordingly! We also consult on non-toxic gardens and plants for pets.
- Hot Tubs
- Payment method:
- check, cash, no credit cards
- We make site visits to your home.CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATIONAND TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT(650) 348-7703
22 YEARS OF LANDSCAPE DESIGN, LIGHTING and INSTALLATION
The first impression that visitors receive upon arriving at your home is your landscaping and curb appeal.
Plant Schemes is a full service landscape consultation, design, and installation firm that provides quality service in the San Francisco bay area, Palm Springs and Sonoma.
We are dedicated to high quality, service oriented custom projects. Suzanne acts as the designer/liaison to the client and the crews. Each garden is carefully thought out to meet the needs of our clients. Our designer looks from the inside of your home out, to design vistas and focal points that you will enjoy for years.
- San Mateo Arboretum SocietyHome Owners Association Board MemberLandscape ChairmanNational Horticulture Judge
- Construction Consultants, Gardeners, Landscape Designers & Consultants, Landscaping & Lawn Services, Lawn Maintenance, Lighting Consultants & Designers, Building Construction Consultants