BEWARE...Crooks!!!...I recently had Jim come by to fix my toilet that wasn't flushing or filling. For a 10 minute job,and to replace a 10 dollar pump, he charged us 350.00 dollars and to top it off, didn't even finish the job, other parts in the toilet needed to be replaced and we called him back to have him finish the job, he flat out said no.. that was not included in the 350.00 job. Insane and unacceptable. Totally got ripped off. Don't ever call these crooks,they are liars and thie...view moreves.view lessShare Review
Hydrotech & HVAC, LLCAdd to mybook
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- HYDROTECH & HVAC, LLC. is a customer focused plumbing, heating and air-conditioning company that was originally started Jim Muca. Located in New York City, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in the Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island.Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners of existing homes and buildings just like yours. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ -- a fact you'll notice immediately in the attitude and integrity they bring to your job site. Our entire company works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free and enjoyable. Should we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction.From the professionalism of our comfort advisors, to the dedication of our field personnel, we are committed to delivering you the best. We take our responsibility very seriously when you place your trust in us. We pledge to always tell you up front what your cost will be to complete your job correctly. We make it a point to go over any details or limitations of the proposed system that will affect your enjoyment of the end result.
- Extra Phones:
main office: (718) 209-1045
- * All Your Plumbing and Heating Needs* Boiler Repairs* Drain Cleaning* Frozen Pipes* Gas & Oil Emergencies* Gas Leaks* Hot Water Heating* Shower* Sinks* Toilets* Tubs* Video Inspection
- Payment method:
- amex, check, discover, visa, master card
- Bergen Beach, Southeastern Brooklyn
- Boilers Equipment, Parts & Supplies, Boiler Repair & Cleaning, Pumps, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Air Duct Cleaning, Heating Contractors & Specialties, Heating Equipment & Systems, Sewer Contractors, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts & Supplies, Plumbing-Drain & Sewer Cleaning, Radiators-Heating Sales, Service & Supplies, Sewer Cleaners & Repairers, Water Damage Emergency Service, Water Heaters, Water Heater Repair, Building Contractors, Building Contractors-Commercial & Industrial, Cleaning Contractors, Plumbers, Plumbing Contractors-Commercial & Industrial, Ventilating Contractors, Professional Engineers, Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Engineers, Construction Engineers
3 words - rude, unprofessional, scammer.
would not recommend anyone do business with this company (Work-x, hydrotech, Jim Muca)
came over charged $350 to replace gas boiler's part which costs like $60 in less than an hour.
sometime after he left I noticed boiler's pressure relief valve is dripping and by the time I noticed it, it caused some damage in my storage area where boiler is.
called Jim who came over again. he changed some setting on a boiler and said "ok it's no longer l...view moreeaking" and started to leave. Before he left, i went ahead and checked myself and it was dripping same as before. (Don't understand how someone can assume something is fixed without actually confirming it first?) Well, he started checking again and then said relief valve needs to be changed and he'll do it for $375. When I said this problem started sometime after your previous work and I need time to get money and make final decision if i want it fixed for $375, Jim literally threw a tantrum, started screaming at me that If i want to find a cheaper price go ahead and stormed out of my apartment. Very rude and unprofessional. right after he left, I checked boiler again and now it wasn't just dripping, it was leaking a lot. I called him right back, told him that he made it even worse, he responded that there is nothing he can do...so now it became an emergency because i had to pump up water manually until someone else comes. I found someone who could only come next day. and until then i had to pump out water all night every 20-30 mins b/c Jim made it even worse. another plumber who came, was very professional, did work in 20-30 mins, charged me $130 instead of $375 that Jim tried to rip me off for. checked, tested everything, explained everything. I never write reviews but having dealt with Jim Buca and work-x plumbing, maybe this review will help to reduce number of people they try to rip off.view less
Extremely rude plumber who increased his estimated quote by 25% after coming to apt - given was looking to have something done immediately thought could get away with it. After I hesitated and said others were not asking as much, he started to throw a fit and stormed off, which was fairly surreal. Will never call him again.Share Review
My air conditioner was not working properly and I fully expected to get an appointment that was two weeks away. To my surprise these guys were willing to come at my convenience. Not only did they arrive on the specified day, but they arrived 30 minutes early avoiding the dreaded clock watching we all go through for these types of appointments! Two technicians took charge and removed my "thru-the-wall" a/c unit and immediately identified my problem. They not only corrected...view more the condition, but they explained the what, why and how this problem arises with thru-the-wall units (clogged condenser coils). It was also suggested that I think about purchasing a larger unit as the BTU's I currently have is not adequate for the size of room I'm trying to cool.
What also made this experience a pleasant one was that they did not try to sell me anything, they did not try to "pad" the repair effort with unnecessary work or parts, they were honest, efficient and the bill was exactly what I was told when I received an estimate. I would highly recommend using Work X Plumbing, Heating and A/C service and will call upon them again for all my A/C maintenance needs.view less