Colandrea New Corner RestaurantAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The New Corner was founded in 1936 by Vincenzo Colandrea as a one room pizzeria. Through hard work and endless hours of supervision and determination, New Corner Restaurant has expanded into a full-service, third generation Italian restaurant that is now considered a "Landmark" to visit when in Brooklyn. In addition to placing the quality of food and service on the highest priority, the Colandrea family has always tried to maintain the family-oriented feel a customer experiences when dining here. When you're here, you're part of the family. Second Generation Management was passed to Vincenzo's son, Joseph Colandrea, in 1963. Currently Joseph's two sons, Vincent and Steven Colandrea, are the third generation managers who, adhering to a strict formula inherited from their father and grandfather, maintain the very qualities that make this restaurant what it is today. It is our sincere hope that in the awareness of our experience and background you will appreciate and enjoy the variety of specialties offered on our menu. Buon Appetito!
- Call and ask about our Private Party Rooms that can accommodate up to 80 people!
- Join the New Corner Club List to receive special promotional offers, news, and discounts via the web! Simply text "NEWCORNER" (no space) to 22828.
- Be sure to stay in the know about special events New Corner has throughout the year as well via our website and on Facebook!
- "Feel Good Thursdays" - Every Thursday evening, New Corner has LIVE MUSIC and offers a special 7 course menu! For reservations please call (718) 833-0800
- Payment method:
- amex, debit, discover, visa, mastercard, diners club
- Dyker Heights, Southwestern Brooklyn
- Mediterranean Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, American Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Caterers, Family Style Restaurants, Restaurants
The food is excellent. The service is excellent. Their chef salad (not a typical chef salad) is the best salad I've had anywhere in my life. My favorite dish is shrimp parmigiana but everything on the menu is great. The only time I didn't like my dish was when I asked for something not on the menu..pasta with sausage and peppers. It was kind of tasteless. However, I have never ordered anything from their menu t... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
New Corner is a good, ""old school"" Italian restaurant. The waiters wear tuxes and were very professional. The shrimp cocktail is excellent, and the baked ziti was good. The seating is nice and a rarities for most restaurants these days - there was enough space between the tables.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I long for the days they prepared the ceasar salad at your table but other than that the place is pure Brooklyn. It is a landmark and all gnocchi shall be measured against thier gold standard. I have been all over Italy looking for an equal to no avail. Long live this instituition!Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I've been going to this place since I was just a thought in my parents dirty little minds. I've had just about every single momentous occasion in my 35yr long life celebrated here. Always a great time out. The food is as warming and pleasurable as your couch on a rainy sunday afternoon. Tony's gone, sadly Ernie's passed on and now the waiters have corn rows and less finish to their chosen profession but it still main... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
This is the very best Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. My family and I go there all the time, it is our ""Old Faithful"". We know we will never get a bad meal there, it is always perfect. July 2003 I had the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding there and we were about 38 people, well let me tell you that every single person raved about the food. My younger son who lives in New Mexico brought his girlfrien... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse