Other people can say what they want about their experience, but my son has been seeing doctors at Children's since the day he was born. He has had the best of care! Some of the younger nurses could use help with bed side manner. Over all my son wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the wonderful care he gets when we are there.Like this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
Children's of AlabamaAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Children’s of Alabama has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children across the state and throughout the southeastern U.S. since 1911. For the past three years, Children’s has been ranked among the best children’s hospital programs in the nation by US News & World Report. Last year, patients made more than 634,000 outpatient and nearly 14,000 inpatient visits to Children’s from every county in Alabama and from 47 other states. With more than 2 million square feet, it is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the U.S. Children’s offers inpatient and outpatient services across its Russell Campus on Birmingham’s historic Southside with additional outpatient services provided at Children’s South and Children’s on 3rd. Primary care is provided at more than a dozen medical offices in communities across central Alabama. Children’s of Alabama is the only medical center in Alabama dedicated solely to the care and treatment of children. It is a private, not-for-profit medical center that serves as the primary site of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) pediatric medicine, surgery, research and residency programs. Children’s recently moved much of its inpatient services into a new building named The Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children.
- Extra Phones:
Outpatient Surgery: (205) 638-9596
We strive to provide our community and beyond with a broad array of choices in health care services.
Our services include but are not limited to the following Centers of Excellence and Medical Departments.:
- Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Pediatric Simulation Center
Call or click today to schedule an appointment and find out more regarding a particular department or service.
- Southside, Five Points South
UAB Dept. of Pediatrics
- Clinics, Hospitals, Physicians & Surgeons, Pediatrics-Emergency Medicine, Physicians & Surgeons, Pediatrics, Physicians & Surgeons, Children's Hospitals
DONT GO HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUDE NURSES ! RUDE DOCTORS ! DONT EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU ! DONT CARE ! THERE YOUNG DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO JUST FINISHED SCHOOL THEY LAUGH AND EAT AND TALK ABOUT THERE BOYFRIEND AND WIFE ! YOU PRESS YOUR LIGHT THAT MEANS NOTHING TO THEM THEY MIGHT START DANCING TO THE LIGHT THINKING THERE AT A RAVE ! THEY GROUP UP IN THE HALL WAY LAUGHING AND TALKING WATCHING YOUTUBE ! THE ONLY INFOMATION ... view moreLike this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
NOT EVEN ONE STAR ON THE ER!!!!!! The ER service here SUX! I have been with my daughter 3 times in 4 years, which isn't a bad, considering I had a fast pass when I was a kid. My daughter had 1st and maybe 2nd degree burns to her fingers last night and it took us threatening to walk out if we didn't recieve some type of visit from the Dr. I understand there there may have been many other kids there in worse shape ... view moreLike this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
My infant was very sick. He was in the nicu. The nerses were not good to him. They would not listen to me when I said he did not look right. They almost let him die. That girl Jamey was sooo rude & stupid. So was that nerse leader Amy. She was the worse. I f that doctor dint help my baby would have died.Like this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
On May 15, 2008, I was at the Children's Hospital located off Acton Rd and 459 S. in Birmingham, AL. During my grandson's testing, I babysat his 3 year old sister in the playroom area to the left of the main corridor and near the main entrance. I was pleased that my granddaughter had the choice of so many toys and other things to play with. She loved it. . However, I was very disappointed and repulsed by the lack ... view moreLike this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse