been there twice in the last month. Once for a wedding and once for a formal dinner. On both occasions the staff was rude. At the wedding..the staff was so rude they had the Bride in tears. ....At the formal dinner my entree was cold...when i complained there was no apology...they basically slammed the food down on the table....the rest of the meal was okay. but i would never again consider eating there.........
Prairie Star Restaurant & Wine Bar
Book a Table
- General Info:
- Prairie Star Restaurant & Wine Bar is located in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM, and we have indoor and outdoor facilities for weddings, banquets, and corporate meetings. Nestled in the quiet serenity of the Santa Ana Pueblo and surrounded by the rolling green hills of the Santa Ana Golf course lies one of the most popular locations for couples to exchange their marriage vows and celebrate new beginnings under the stars.
Other features include:
- Wednesday wine and dine events
- Live music Fridays
- Tastings and dinners
- Wine club
- Buffet and plated meal selections With ceremony and reception locations available, our indoor facility will host up to 150 guests, and the outdoor location can accommodate up to 400 with ample free parking. Call Prairie Star Restaurant & Wine Bar for more information today.
- Payment method:
- amex, visa, all major credit cards
- Santa Ana Golf Club
- American Restaurants, Wedding Reception Locations & Services, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Take Out Restaurants, Caterers, Bars, French Restaurants, Steak Houses, Taverns, Family Style Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Cuisines: Family Style, American, French, Steakhouse, European, Continental
Alcohol: Full Bar, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Above Average
Found this out-of-the way restaurant near the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Lodge in Bernalillo, NM, an otherwise wide-spot-in-the-road place, about 10 miles North of Albuquerque, NM. I was astounded to have one of the best meals ever I have had in my 60 years.
The sommelier, Samuel McFall, was kind enough to bring two Pinot-Grigio-like wines for my companion's tasting before she made her choice; I liked the second wine, she liked the first; he provided the names and vintages so we could fi...view morend them on our own.
Service was more than exemplary, the food a Nouvelle-Cuisine/Southwest/American blend, everything was delicious in each bite, not cloying, not too much, not too little, but just right. Masterpiece food, worthy of the best cities in theworld. Incredible to find in the middle of nowhere, but near two world-class golf courses.view less
There is no comparison in the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County area, for the food atmosphere and service available at Prairie Star. The menu always offers interesting choices and the food is always excellently prepared, artfully presented and sublimely flavorful. The atmosphere of the old adobe mansion combined with its exquisite view of the Sandia Mountains is an unbeatable combination. The service is nearly to the point of being obsequies. The only thing I could ask for is an even g...view morereater menu selection.view less
The Prairie Star is far from inconsistent. Sounds like you haven't dined there at all. I go on a regular basis and find that the food is outstanding, the service is excelllent and the view is even better. I dream about the rock shrimp relleno and curry mayonnaise. The new Pastry chef rocks!!
I had the four layer chocolate cake last time I was there - yummm! Ask for Tracy as your server - you can't go wrong.