People who visit Baltimore and think it's all about the Inner Harbor should visit this historic mansion. Dating back to before the Revolutionary War, it's like a little bit of Colonial Williamsburg in Baltimore's backyard. For something out of the ordinary, they also host private gatherings. Check out their website for more information.
Mount Clare Museum House
Independence Day observed2015/07/03Closed
New Year's Day2016/01/01Closed
Summer Hours (2015/05/01 - 2015/12/31)Fri - Sun11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Winter Hours (2015/01/01 - 2015/04/30)Sat - Sun11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- General Info:
- Mount Clare is 1760 colonial Georgian home built by one of Maryland's leading patriots and one of our first state senators, Charles Carroll, Barrister.The museum has one of the finest privately owned decorative arts collections in the country, most of which belonged to the Carroll Family.It is renowned amongst scholars and collectors alike.The Collection consists of English and Chinese export objects as well as many regional object and furnishings from Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- Located in historic Carroll Park in Southwest Baltimore. It sits on top of the highest point in the park.
- Southern Baltimore, Carroll Park
- Train, Library, Courtyard, South Wing, North Wing
- Museums, Historical Places, Places Of Interest, Tourist Information & Attractions, Educational Services, Meeting & Event Planning Services
- Other Information: