Edgar Allan Poe House and MuseumAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore was officially established following a commemorative celebration of Poe’s birthday on January 19, 1923. The roots of Poe Society pass through a number of previous organizations, reaching back more than fifty years earlier. Following its formation in 1923, the Edgar Allan Poe Society organized an annual series of public programs that included musical settings of Poe’s poems, readings from his writings, exhibitions of information and memorabilia, and lectures about his life and works.
- Driving Directions: Located at 203 North Amity Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21223. The House is approximately ten minutes from Baltimore’s popular Inner Harbor area and is easily accessible from Interstate 95 and the Baltimore Beltway, I-695.
- Western Baltimore, Poppleton
- Admission is $5 for adults and $4 for seniors (65+), active military with ID and students (ages 13-21) with ID. Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Online tickets Available Street Parking Available
- Historical Places, Places Of Interest, Museums