I went in for a shellac manicure. Sign # 1 I should have left...As soon as the girl sat me down she tried to soak my hands in a dish with acetone that had been used on a previous client. I know because it had nail bits floating in it. Sign # 2...When she clipped my cuticles she flung the skin on the floor and said, ""Ugh."" Sign # 3...She yelled at me. After one coat had cure on my nails I reached for my smoothi... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Venus Nails & SpaAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Friendly, relaxing
- MANICURES & PEDICURES:Manicure: Consist of nail shaping, cuticle treatment, buffing, hand massage & polishRegular Manicure French/American Deluxe Manicure (includes hand scrub for dry skin removal & paraffin wax)Shellac ManicureShellac FrenchAcrylic Full SetAcrylic FillSolar Full SetPink & White BackfillPink Fill-InsAcrylic RepairSolar RepairPolish ChangeNail ArtPedicure: Roller massage chair system. Relax while soaking your feet in a whirlpool spa. Toe nails are shaped, cuticles trimmed, callus skin removed, massage with warm towels wrapping.Regular Pedicure (30 min)Deluxe Pedicure (45 min...callus treatment, extremely effective for severely dry skin, cracked heels, slough away old skin cells as treatment replenish & moisturize, milk-sugar exfoliates) Paraffin Wax without Oxygen:FeetHandsSKIN CAREExpress Facial: A great lunch hour treat. This facial includes a thorough cleansing, exfoliating, customized mask, toned & moisturizer.1/2 HoursDeluxe Oxygen Facial: This includes using steam, masque extraction & facial massage1 HourWAXINGWaxing: Wax is applied to remove unwanted hair & then cooling gel is applied after to reduce redness on sensitive skin.EyebrowLipLip & ChinFace (includes eyebrow, lip, chin & sideburn)SideburnLegs (whole)Legs (from knee down)Under ArmsWhole ArmsElbow to WristsBackChestStomachBikiniBrazilMASSAGE TREATMENTS (By Appointment Only)Full Body Massage: Treatments using a variety of techniques. We use pure essences applied to specific places on the body for therapeutic purpose. Excellent treatment for backaches & pains, female problems, foot problems, carpel tunnel, each area of the body targeted for alignment. Works all of the meridians & chakras. Deep tissue work.1/2 Hour1 Hour1 1/2 HourThe Foundation: Reflexology for feet & hands. Great treatment for tired, achy or swollen feet.1/2 HourFoot Massage: A good foot massage for those who hada long, rough day. Whirlpool chair treatments.Scalp & Shoulder Massage: Reduce the pain & stress from a long work daySPECIAL SPA PACKAGESRetreat: Enjoy a relaxing treatment. We'll begin with a manicure & pedicure with foot whirlpool. Next you'll recieve a mini facial to cleanse your pores & 30 min massage. 2 Hours.New Mom Day: Celebrate your new arrival by pampering yourself with a Deluxe Facial and manicure & spa pedicure. 2 Hours.
- Payment method:
- check, cash, all major credit cards
- We are at Slaughter ln and First st. intersection. Next to a big pawn shop.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES: Venus Day Spa offers a variety of gift certificates for any occasion. Our technician will be happy to help customize a memorable experience for someone special. However, gift certificates are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Beauty Salons, Nail Salons
I buy a groupon for $99 which includes 6 sessions of laser hair removel. 1st & 2nd treatments were tolarable, as far pain. and I noticed I was hairless under my arms after about a week. I was happy, BUT! I go in for 3rd treatmeant and the zapping of the laser on my skin was unbearable. My underarms were red, blochy & very tender. They hurt for the rest of the day & under arm skin is darker because the laser was burn... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I came in for massage 2 years ago and was not impressed. Hurt my shoulder and neck and decided to try it again because I still get my nails done here. I am very impressed with the therapist they have now. Will come back and refer my co-workers and friends.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
My fiance' gave me a one hour massage. I had a wonderful experience and wished it could have lasted longer. The therapist was working on my neck and knew exactly why it was knotted up. When she mentioned the cause of my pain, I nearly fell off the table as there was no way she could have known. Will definitely be back. Hope I can have a wedding spa party as everyone at Venus Day Spa is so nice.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I use CitySearch alot and tried out Venus Day Spa with a friend. Good manicure and pleasant staff. Booked one hour massage. The room was nothing special but the therapist very good. I've had massage in top spa's in Austin but can't afford to go very often. This therapist was better than any at the expensive resorts. She took the time to listen and made certain I was comfortable instead of just going through the... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I hurt my shoulder trimming tree branches and drive down Slaughter every day. I just happened to notice Venus Day Spa offered massages so I called and was lucky to book an hour with a new massage therapist. The room was very small and not set up like fancy spa's but it was clean and the therapist made me feel very comfortable from the moment she met me. Within a few short minutes, I had forgotten how small the roo... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Without a doubt the crumbiest haircut I've ever gotten. This lady spent a grand total of about three minutes cutting my hair and then charged twenty bucks. No shampoo. No blowdry. She barely even combed my hair straight before she started cutting it. I was in my car driving down Slaughter before the shock wore off and the anger set in. I got home and saw that she didn't cut it even. I mean I understand that you get w... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
First time r everything appeared to be clean People very nice,was not rushed thru like some salons do sandwiching in people betweenand making you wai tto finish your nails or something.Reasonable rates but foot massage was a bit short. Would prefer to have a longer foot massage isnt that the whole thing of getting one anyway?\r Will return and ask if I can pay more for a longer one.\r I think frst poster was a bit... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I will say at first I was happy with this spa. I have had 2-3 pedicures there before all which were fine. Well as a gift I received a certificate for one of their spa treatment packages. Unfortunately I could not schedule them all at once like the ""retreat"" was supposed to be. So upon their suggestion broke it into 2 visits. The first visit I had the manicure and pedicure, and scheduled 2 weeks out for my mass... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch