Okay, so I'm not one of those people that dreamed about my wedding dress...I've always been into fashion and pride myself on believing I have good fashion taste but this was a whole new ball game! And not to mention VERY overwhelming!!! And most of you know, after you try on a million things, everything starts to look the same! The staff at Mélange really helped me in figuring out my sense of style and gave me their opinion on what they thought might look great and not in a pushy or...view more annoying way!!! And let me tell you, they were spot on!!! I live in Dallas, and went to Austin looking for something different and was very much surprised by the selection they had a Mélange...I mean I got a dress from PARIS people...in AUSTIN!!! Amazing! I loved my dress so much that I also got my bridesmaid dresses from there! And I was told by several people that they were the prettiest bridesmaids dresses they had EVER seen!!! I would definitely recommend this store to anyone!!! Love the staff and appreciated their expertise and professionalism!! Go there if you want great service, a great selection, and if you want the perfect wedding day gown!view lessShare Review
Melange Bridal llcAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Melange Bridal has been an Austin feature for more than 20 years, but began a new chapter in September 2012. Our new owner brings the European standard to bridal in Austin.New designers have been brought in, including, but not limited to, Justin Alexander, Winnie Couture, Intuzuri, Pronovios, and Demitrios for bridal and Bari Jay, Jasmine, and Bill Levkoff for bridesmaids. Prices are perfect for every budget.We offer accessories and veils from Giselle, Marielle, and Belaire, but also create custom made designs to your specifications. Our in house alterations are immaculate and handled by an experienced seamstress.
- B2, Bari Jay, Belsoir, Bill Levkoff, Demitrios, Dessy, Eden Bridal, Giselle, Intuzuri, Jasmine, Justin Alexander, Marielle, Pronovias-White One, Sophia Tolli, Sposabella, Winnie Couture
- Payment method:
- visa, master card, amex, discover, debit, check, cash, financing available, diners club
- We are located in the same shopping center as Alamo Drafthouse 4, behind the yogurt place Yumilicious.
- North Shoal Creek
- Spacious fitting rooms with ample seating, restrooms, and water and champagne upon request.
- Croatian, English
- Bridal Gown Preservation, Bridal Shops, Wedding Supplies & Services, Wedding Tailoring & Alterations
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Price Range : Above Average
Pets Allowed: No
By Appointment Only: No
After dealing with Melange for the past few summer months leading up to my July wedding, I cannot say I would recommend them to anyone for the following reasons:
1. They forgot to order my bridesmaid dresses on time, so had to rush order them when I called to confirm when they would be in.
2. The dresses arrived 3 weeks later than originally told to us.
3. The staff didn't go pick up the dresses from the mail office after 3 days of them being held there, so the dresses were mailed...view more back to the designer.
4. One dress was the incorrect size upon arrival.
5. Staff NEVER called me back each of the three times they promised they would.
6. After all of this, when we requested a refund at least for the one dress that my mother would have to alter herself because they were so late, we were told they gave no refunds under any circumstances whatsoever.
7. When I read the business contract before ordering the dresses, I saw that no refund was made except by the manager's discretion. When I reread it the second time (post troubles with the company), I found that the contract was completely unethical in that it allowed NO room at all for if Melange itself failed in its responsibilities to the customer. However, there were plenty of charges for the customer if things went wrong... such as being charged for the rush order.
The manager's mother, the owner of the store, finally gave us a refund after realizing that we were at her mercy as far as paying the store for not doing their jobs. We didn't take the refund, though. Just knowing they were finally willing to offer us one was enough to make us feel better about paying for a dress, even with as much trouble as we went through.
Repeat: I would recommend all future brides out there to go elsewhere before signing this silly and unethical business contract with Melange for any bridal purchase you may desire.view less
I didn't end up buying my wedding dress from here, but I really really really wish I loved one of the dresses enough to buy a dress from here. The ladies that work here are personable, helpful, not pushy, funny, and make the experience totally awesome. I even asked if I could have a job! haha! They have a beautiful selection of dresses and will make searching for your dress a joy. You MUST go there and try on dresses - you won't regret it, and you might find the dress of your dream...view mores!view lessProvided by Citysearch
I was very pleased with the whole experience!\r
Every girl want to find that perfect dress for her special day, but the experience of searching is half the fun!\r
they have a great system where you get to pick and choose everything you would like to try on, and the sales people let you roam around and choose from any of the dresses on display. I say this with delight, because I have been to a couple of other shops where I was not allowed to look around.\r
I found that perfect dress ...view moreand Nicole helped make the whole process smooth and enjoyable!view less
I have been into Melange searching for Bridesmaids dresses not once, but twice, without an appointment. And they were so helpful! They had a room ready for trying on, and had a huge selection of bridesmaid dresses! The prices were good - comparable to any other place, and the sales people/owners are the sweetest. They helped me picture the dress with hair and jewelry, because I am a very visual person and needed that extra help. I'm also very indecisive, and they really helped me narro...view morew down what I liked, and what would go with my wedding. \r
Great experience, great store, great staff! \r
**Oh, and if I hadn't already had bought a wedding gown, Melange would have been the place to do it. The gowns were gorgeous!!view less
I had heard about Melange for some friends that had gotten married and they suggested that I make this one for my first stops. It was good that I stopped here first because it really set the bar for the other shops I went to. From the minute I walked in I felt like part of the ""Melange Family."" My consultant was Nicole and she was so sweet and helpful. She knew a lot about the dresses which was refreshing considering the other shops I went to did not seems to care as much about anyth...view moreing except taking your money. They put me in some great gowns and when I asked for some tips about color they gave me great suggestions, even one that I'm using as my color scheme! I would def suggest coming here they make you feel right at home, and their suggestions and advice are so very helpful. :)view lessProvided by Citysearch
I went into a ton of bridal shops a few weeks ago and this was one of my stops. I was helped by a woman named Crystal and I feel bad saying this but she was the most rude and presumptuous of all the sales associates I was helped by, even worse than Olga at Serendipity. First off, I don't need to hear about how no one wants to marry you and you're over the hill, this is about me and my wedding. Second, if I say I am self conscious about my body, don't tell me I'm wrong and that I sho...view moreuld wear a wedding gown that makes me feel uncomfortable and inappropriate, I want an a-line dress, not a sheath. Finally, she disappeared for about 10 minutes and then came back and tried to sell me flowers (I guess she is a florist too) after showing me her books which I didn't ask to see, I realized not a very good florist at that. Focus on finding me a dress, not promoting yourself or telling me how I should feel. I would stay away from this woman if you don't want to have a horrible experience.view lessProvided by Citysearch
My sister and I went to Melange Bridal to look for a bridesmaid dress for her upcoming wedding; our sales person Katrina, was the friendliest, nicest, most honnest and wonderful sales person ever. She was so patient while helping us try on the 80 gowns that we picked out and even showed us aditional gowns that she thought we might like. She was just so helpful and nice! We had a wonderful experience and a wonderful sales person. They had the hands down best selection of shoes, dresses ...view moreand accessories, and really and truly the most kindest helpful sales people, especially Katrina. I wish I could say more but you really have to check it out for yourself. If you have had a bad experience at any other bridal shop go to Melange for a refreshing experience. One last time, they are so nice, friendly, helpful and honnest! Oh and we got the most beautiful dress there and shoes for a really reasonable price......go there you will not be disapointed.view lessProvided by Citysearch
I went in without an appointment and they were still really sweet and were ready to help me. She gave me some tags to tag the dresses I'd like to try on and Bethany was just as sweet as can be. I'd really recommend this place. Plus it was my first time looking at wedding gowns...and it was great! The good thing is they have really expensive dresses (like Melissa Sweet) and more affordable dresses (like Jasmine).Provided by Citysearch
I went to every bridal shop in Austin looking for my wedding dress and Melange was the last stop before looking in Dallas or Houston. I walked in the store without an appointment on a Saturday (unheard of at some places) and found the perfect dress in less than 10 minutes. Gillian was phenomenal and helped me pick out every accessory for my wedding that matched my taste perfectly without being at all pushy or suggesting anything out of my budget! The girls here are so friendly and thei...view morer selection is great.view lessProvided by Citysearch