Kerygma ChurchAdd to mybook
- General Info:
Kerygma Church is a diverse community wherein people from all walks of life join together to discover, explore, experience, and apply the unfiltered teachings of Jesus Christ while serving and interacting with downtown Austin.
Kerygma is a Greek word used in the New Testament for the act of proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ. We believe that proclamation must transcend words and programs on Sunday if it is going to be fully embodied in a community. Kerygma Church is founded on the conviction that proclamation of Jesus is more than an event or rhetoric, but rather a community integrating Him into its daily life. Simply put, all of our life is an act of worship; therefore, our churchÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s structure and culture should embody this premise. Kerygma Church seeks to hold in balance the tension to be Authentically Christian while celebrating being Uniquely Austin. Here are some ways in which we do this:
- Our churchÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s goal is to grow large by staying small. When you visit, you will experience intimate services, interactive discussions, and challenging sermons.
- Our small groups foster discussion about how to better know and apply the Bible. They are comprised of Ã¢â‚¬Å“AustinitesÃ¢â‚¬Â who are knowing God and trying to apply the word of God to their daily lives, while being led by His spirit to implement quantifiable change in their lives.
- We want our church to be built on sustainable resource management. Therefore, our facility costs will never be our greatest expense. We are blessed to be in a strategic partnership with the Zachery Scott theatre, where we meet on a weekly basis.
- Our website is our Ã¢â‚¬Å“building.Ã¢â‚¬Â We embrace the 21st century reality of a de-centralized culture and are building a church with a centralized vision by equipping our members with necessary tools. Our websiteÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s intent is to facilitate this.
- We are hopeful to experience in Austin that which was experienced by the first Church of the New Testament.
- We want to contribute to quantifiable change in our already amazing city through partnering with its efforts
10 things to expect at Kerygma Church:
- A smaller, intimate gathering. We want to grow big by staying small.
- A representation of various demographics committed to helping and learning from each other.
- An absence of political, cultural, or racial bias.
- A worship experience fostered from a singer-songwriter focus and enriched by the rich heritage of Christian expression.
- A simple, yet curiously impacting service that encourages expression.
- A biblically based lesson accompanied by practical application and encouragement to explore and apply biblical truths.
- Small groups (Ã¢â‚¬Å“Urban GroupsÃ¢â‚¬Â) that provide opportunities to reflect, learn, and connect with others about the Bible.
- A commitment to lead and then release its members to take part in quantifiable social change in central Austin.
- Services and gatherings wherein the Spirit of God can be felt.
- A community committed to walking alongside its members as they seek to know Jesus.
Kerygma Church Austin
- Churches-Bible, Churches-Non-Denominational, Religious Counseling, Religious Organizations, Churches & Places of Worship