Add to mybook
St Lukes Episcopal Church
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, St. Luke's welcomes you!
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Our members come from every corner of the metro area to worship and serve God together in Midtown Atlanta. Service Times: Sundays * 8 am * 9 am * 11:15 am
- St. Luke's is a vibrant parish busy being God's hands in our community. Our focus on sharing the Gospel today does not diminish our appreciation for the church's past or for the magnificant building our parish calls home. In that spirit, we are pleased to offer docent-led tours of its historic collection of stained glass windows without charge to church or community groups of ten or more people. The stained glass in St. Luke’s Church was designed and fabricated over a period of nearly sixty years by some of the world’s leading firms, including the Franz Mayer Studios of Munich, Germany; Heaton, Butler & Bayne of London, England; and the Willet Stained Glass Studios of Philadelphia. The large windows portray the Life of Christ from Birth to Ascension, with a corresponding story taken from the Old Testament in the smaller aisle windows. Through the years, thousands of visitors have been inspired by the beauty of these windows. We would be pleased to share with your group the stories portrayed in this Gospel of Glass. To schedule a visit, contact Susan Brooks at (404) 351-8662 or Bobby Mays at (404) 583-9449 with preferred date(s) and the approximate number expected to attend. We shall then check availability on the church calendar and confirm the date and time. Please note that once a date is finalized, St. Luke’s does reserve the right to reschedule in the event of a Funeral or Memorial Service. Once you're "downtown" why not have lunch in the area? Numbers of restaurants, in all price ranges, are located nearby for your group’s enjoyment before or after a tour. Free parking is available adjacent to the church, which is located at 435 Peachtree Street. Child Care Provided for all services
- We're just a few blocks south of North Avenue on Peachtree Street.
- SoNo, Downtown Atlanta
- Schedule of Upcoming Feast Day services with Baptism•Baptism of Our Lord,January 10, 2016,9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services •Easter,March 27, 2016,6 a.m. only •Pentecost,May 15, 2016,9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services •Transfiguration,August 7, 2016,9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services •All Saints' Sunday,November 6, 2016,9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services
- The Episcopal Church welcomes you!
- Churches & Places of Worship, Anglican Churches, Episcopal Churches, Singles Organizations, Religious Organizations
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes