- General Info:
- Coast Seafood and Raw Bar, open in the former Home restaurant location, on West Paces Ferry Road. Coast serves Atlanta’s freshest seafood and island cocktails in an environment that makes you feel closer to the sea than ever before! The menu incorporates Coast classics including crab and corn hush puppies, a signature seafood boil, and a variety of raw or steamed oysters, clams and mussels; along with signature fresh catch entrees. Coast will be open nightly serving dinner. Coast has a large patio area for dining, new extended bar area, seating for over 100 and private dining options.
- Barq's, Mott's, Smucker's, Welch's
- Payment method:
- mastercard, discover, amex, visa
- Buckhead, Peachtree Heights West
Coast Seafood & Raw Bar
Coast Seafoods Co.
Coast Seafood and Raw Bar
- Seafood Restaurants, Caterers, Take Out Restaurants, Soul Food Restaurants, Fish & Seafood Markets, American Restaurants, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Wheelchair Accessible, Yes
Cuisines: Soul, American, Seafood, Omelets
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Average
Posted: 1/2/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Went to Home on New Year's Eve after hearing excellent things about it. I was satisfied but not necessarily blown away. My general thoughts? ----Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They readily answered questions and seemed to know the menu very well. They were a little TOO hands-off for my taste though. They gave us too much time to pick our order and drinks and didn't come around that often. Maybe it was just because we were starving, but we would have liked a little more attention. ----The food was great but not earth-shattering. And for the prices, which weren't exorbitant, but definitely mid-range, I was expecting slightly better. I would describe the food as simple-- and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. They use very fresh ingredients and expect the flavor of the quality meats and veggies to shine through. I would have hoped for some more seasoning, spices or sauces-- something to bring the dishes to the next level. I had the short rib (which were very well prepared) and others at my table had the sole and the lamb. Everyone was satisfied but not wowed. For dessert I had the bread pudding and others at my table had the almond lace basket. They said the dessert impressed them. My bread pudding was too dense for my taste. All in all, if someone else were paying, I'd be very pleased to go there but I'm not running back myself. It's a very classy dining experience and if you're trying to impress a client or a date it would definitely fit the bill. Solid 4 stars.