Downtown/Midtown Dental Center DDSAdd to mybook
Simply Smile..... We'll Take Care of the Rest
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Tooth Whitening (Bleaching): Everybody loves a bright white smile, and there are a variety of products and procedures available to help you improve the look of yours. Laser Tooth Whitening: Using a laser with a whitening gel, this is an in-office bleaching system. The translucent bleaching gel is applied to the teeth and a laser light is used to activate the crystals to absorb the energy from the light and penetrate the teeth enamel to increase the lightening effect on the teeth. Root Canal Therapy: Not so long ago, if you had a tooth with a diseased nerve you'd probably lose that tooth. Today, a special dental procedure "root canal therapy" may save the tooth. Teeth contain a pulp that provides nutrients and nerves to the tooth. This runs like a thread down through the root. And when diseased or injured, pulp tissue dies. If you don't remove it, your tooth gets infected and you could lose it. After the dentist removes the pulp, the root canal is cleaned out then sealed off to protect the inside of the tooth from further damage or infection. Finally the dentist places a crown over the tooth to help make it stronger. Usually, root canal is a relatively simple procedure with little or no discomfort involving 1-3 visits. Crowns & Bridges: For a great smile you may need crowns to restore a tooth to its normal shape and size. A crown also makes the tooth stronger and improves its appearance. And cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't enough tooth left. Or used to attach a bridge, protect a weak tooth from breaking, or restore one that's already broken. A crown is also a good way to cover discolored or badly shaped teeth and dental implants. Bridges help maintain the shape of your face as well as improving your bite by replacing missing teeth. Often referred to as a fixed partial denture, bridges replace missing teeth and look great. They are usually made from gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination of these and are bonded onto surrounding teeth for support. Unlike a removable bridge or denture that can be removed and cleaned, a fixed bridge can only be removed by a dentist. An implant bridge attaches artificial teeth directly to the jaw or under gum tissue.
- Oral Surgery: Surgical services performed for the treatment of disease, injuries and defects of the jaw, oral cavity and associated structures (e.g., tooth removal). Bonding: The dental bonding procedure utilizes a composite resin and is used for a variety of structural as well as cosmetic purposes. One can draw a parallel between dental bonding materials and a sculptor's clay. By using dental composite resin bonding your dentist can restore chipped or broken teeth, fill in gaps and reshape or recolor your smile. Tooth Colored Fillings: Advances in modern dental materials and techniques offer dentists and patients several choices of materials used to repair missing, worn, damaged or decayed teeth. Tooth-colored or composite fillings are a mixture of acrylic resin and finely ground glass like particles that produce a tooth-colored restoration. They provide good durability and resistance to fracture in small-to-mid-size restorations with moderate chewing pressure. Less tooth structure is removed when a dentist prepares the tooth resulting in a smaller filling. Composites are "bonded" or adhesively held in a cavity. If chewing loads is high, composite fillings are moderately resistant to wear. And are subject to stain and discoloration over time. Partials: Removable partial dentures consist of replacement teeth attached to pink or gum-colored plastic bases connected by metal framework. Dentures: There are several types of (complete) dentures according to when they are made and inserted into the mouth. Immediate dentures are inserted immediately after the removal of the remaining teeth and the dentist takes measurements and makes models of the patient's jaws during a preliminary visit. The advantage is you have teeth during the healing period. But as bones and gums shrink over time and during the first 6 months after the removal of teeth. Your immediate dentures may require re-basing or re-aligning to fit properly. They will then be replaced by a conventional denture that's fitted once the tissues heal 6-8 weeks after removal. An overdenture is a removable denture that fits over a small number of remaining natural teeth or implants. Periodontics: services related to prevention and treatment of periodontal diseases of the gum (e.g. periodontal cleaning, scaling) Inlays, onlays, crowns: services used to restore diseased or accidentally broken teeth, when a filling will not adequately restore the tooth, by molding an artificial material into the size and shape of the natural tooth (e.g., caps).
- CEREC, Invisalign
- Downtown Atlanta, Fairlie-Poplar
- English, Spanish
- Teeth Whitening Products & Services, Implant Dentistry, Periodontists, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dentists, Prosthodontists & Denture Centers